View Full Version : Hi Everyone from the Bryan/CS microplex

nothelix
04-12-05, 07:49 AM
Hi All,

A few months ago I visited a Dr. because my lapses in memory were starting to bother me and I was positive that at the age of 51 I was showing the first signs of Alzheimer’s. My condition was diagnosed as ADD. I was not surprised by this. In grade school I spend a good bit of my time sweeping the halls when I was not correcting the teachers or interrupting classes. I was given strattera and I am not as forgetful, at least most of the time.

<o:p> </o:p>

In a general sense I knew what ADD does but not until this weekend, after a few hours on the web, did I realize the extent of impairment that ADD can elicit and that it does significantly affect my life. I think I looked at ADD as a reason behind my lack of concentration but that in reality my problems in the past few years were more of just being lazy or just not caring anymore about work etc. Maybe ADD counted for 5% of my problem, the rest was just me. <o:p></o:p>

Joining here is my first step in getting control of my ADD by learning as much as I can about it, finding someone who specializes in ADD to work with and learning how others cope with ADD. My first priority, until of course I forget it J, is to find a Dr. that is an ADD expert.

Greg