View Full Version : Adderall xr 20mgs and stopping

Anguscol45
11-10-14, 09:46 PM
So I've been on adderall XR for a month and a half now, I started with 10mgs XR then a week ago moved up to 20mg's xr, I'm not stopping because I don't like adderall, I'm wanting to stop tomorrow so I can drink on Saturday night, I don't like to mix Adderall with beer or liquor, can I stop tomorrow cold turkey and will it be out of my system by Saturday? And I'm going to start taking it again next Monday as it works wonders for me,I'm prescribed adderall by my Pdoc's as I was diagnosed with ADHD when I 4 years old.thanks for the info.

sarahsweets
11-11-14, 05:16 AM
you need to ask yourself why it's so important to drink that you would stop taking your medication.

Anguscol45
11-11-14, 11:57 AM
IM going to a wedding this weekend my brother is getting married and he's been through so much in his life that I want celebrate with everyone.

bethica7
11-12-14, 04:31 PM
IM going to a wedding this weekend my brother is getting married and he's been through so much in his life that I want celebrate with everyone.

Yes it will be "out of your system" as Adderall doesn't build up in your system in the first place. However, my experience with Adderall XR 20mg is that whenever I skip a dose, all the negative side effects I experienced during the first week come back; mainly headaches, extremely groggy and tired to the point of not getting out of bed, slight depressed feeling, etc.

So if you're ok with the possibility of side effects returning, then you should be fine to skip a dose and resume on Monday. Whatever you do, it's best (as you've mentioned) to not mix Adderall and alcohol.

michaelaisabell
11-14-14, 06:49 PM
Yes it will be "out of your system" as Adderall doesn't build up in your system in the first place. However, my experience with Adderall XR 20mg is that whenever I skip a dose, all the negative side effects I experienced during the first week come back; mainly headaches, extremely groggy and tired to the point of not getting out of bed, slight depressed feeling, etc.

So if you're ok with the possibility of side effects returning, then you should be fine to skip a dose and resume on Monday. Whatever you do, it's best (as you've mentioned) to not mix Adderall and alcohol.

What happens if they are mixed?
Since it's shirt acting and only lasts maybe 10-12 hours or less couldn't you just take it early in the morning and be ok drinking in the evening cuz it would have worn off already?

Just curious. I'm not a drinker (anymore haha)