View Full Version : Increasing from 63mg of Concerta

ZehRed
11-13-14, 12:54 PM
So I seem to have chronic fatigue syndrome. I'm always tired and it's how I've been since I was born. I can still sleep 20 hours straight without a problem.

My psychiatrist increased from 54mg to make it last longer because It seemed to wear off at around 5pm. Now it wears off at around 6pm on 63mg (27mg + 36mg).

I think the best dose for me would be 81mg (54mg + 27mg) (preferably 90mg = 54mg + 36mg). I would take 108mg a day but it would make me lose too much weight because it dramatically decreases my appetite at the start.

Should I increase the Concerta or switch to a different stimulant like dextroamphetamine? I like Concerta because it helps me focus, pay attention, be less impulsive and be less distracted as well as keeping me awake. __________________

Lunacie
11-13-14, 01:04 PM
So I seem to have chronic fatigue syndrome. I'm always tired and it's how I've been since I was born. I can still sleep 20 hours straight without a problem.

My psychiatrist increased from 54mg to make it last longer because It seemed to wear off at around 5pm. Now it wears off at around 6pm on 63mg (27mg + 36mg).

I think the best dose for me would be 81mg (54mg + 27mg) (preferably 90mg = 54mg + 36mg). I would take 108mg a day but it would make me lose too much weight because it dramatically decreases my appetite at the start.

Should I increase the Concerta or switch to a different stimulant like dextroamphetamine? I like Concerta because it helps me focus, pay attention, be less impulsive and be less distracted as well as keeping me awake. __________________

Could be worth checking for sleep problems, like sleep apnea.

Rather than increasing the Concerta, you might try adding a booster of IR Ritalin in the afternoon.

ZehRed
01-08-15, 12:07 PM
It has been increased to 72mg which definitely does the trick. I'm happy with this.

ZehRed
02-10-15, 12:50 AM
I like getting up at around 7am where it kicks in at 7:20am-7:45am and lasts until around 5am.

I like to have a better quality of life, get up in the morning, play guitar or something.

Idk If I should ask for 81-90mg or a Ritalin booster at the end of the day. He said that 72mg Is max dosage.

dvdnvwls
02-10-15, 02:16 AM
If he has said 72 is max dosage then he might really mean that there won't be any boosters or any more increases after this.

Lunacie
02-10-15, 12:20 PM
Yeah, the dosages are based on mostly testing kids.
No one knows for sure if adults may need larger doses
or if larger doses are also safe.
Hopefully there will be some testing done for adults soon.

ZehRed
02-10-15, 12:25 PM
I'm pretty sure he can idk. I hear about people needing 60mg 5x a day and the psychiatrist has to write a letter to the government for permission.

Maybe go back down to 63mg and add a 10mg IR at the end of the day. I just need to gain a kg if thats true xd