View Full Version : Effexor vs Wellbutrin in combination with Ritalin. 3 Questions, Please help!

ADD369
11-14-14, 05:32 AM
:thankyou:

I'm on 2x30 mg Ritalin LA for the past 6 months. (ADHD-Inattentive)
As well as Zoloft 50-100mg for the past 9 years. (The only SSRI I have tried.)

I want to switch Zoloft to either Effexor or Wellbutrin since Zoloft does not work for my "mild depression" Dysthymia.

My general questions are:
1. Which one is the most common in combination with ritalin?
2. Which one do you think is best to try first?
3. Which one do you take?

ADD369
01-27-15, 02:36 AM
Update: Started with Wellbutrin in addition to Zoloft.
It was very successful in the beginning, more energy and better mood, but suddenly after two months I experienced very bad memory. It affected me so bad that I couldn't remember different types of words to use when communicating. I got a very bad vocabulary and felt like a confused demented person. :(

Now I'm on Effexor, first two weeks on 75 mg, and now on 150mg for 4 days. My depression and anxiety started to lift just recently and I feel much better. I habe better energy levels and I am more motivated in life. I really hope this medication will be successful for me.

Pilgrim
01-27-15, 04:45 AM
One thing my Psyciatrist said was that Effexor was a complicated medication.
He would prescribe Citalopram.
Wellbutrin has similar properties to Ritalin ( there to close ).
I've had Wellbutrin and like that.
Goodluck

ADD369
01-29-15, 04:20 AM
I have social anxiety and zoloft was working very good for that, but did nothing for my depression. I am experiencing some anxiety on effexor, but im still in week 3 so have to give it some more time.

I quit the ritalin because it increased my social anxiety... I want to try Vyvanse, but my doc is very strict so I will have to wait.

Pilgrim
01-29-15, 05:58 AM
I guess it's good to have a doctor with certain amounts of reservation, cause your reactions can be complicated.
I'm like you I would be wanting to try the Vyvanse