View Full Version : Methamphetamine

Softball
11-17-14, 05:20 PM
Anyone with experience transitioning from adderall to Methamphetamine ?

peripatetic
11-17-14, 05:32 PM
You've been prescribed desoxyn (methamphetamine)? We do have a subsection for that you might want to check out, too.

michaelaisabell
11-17-14, 05:35 PM
You've been prescribed desoxyn (methamphetamine)? We do have a subsection for that you might want to check out, too.

This. Are you referring to methamphetamine hci?

adhdgal2
11-17-14, 06:01 PM
What are the differences between the two medications?

michaelaisabell
11-17-14, 06:16 PM
What are the differences between the two medications?

Adderall is 4 amphetamine salts. Desoxyn is methamphetamine hci

Honeybadger
11-17-14, 10:52 PM
Methamphetamine is very close, chemically speaking, to ritalin. It's very different from adderall, as adderall has multiple medications released over time.

If you noticed adderall only works early on or towards the end, you want to try taking the specific amphetamine salt that is helping, as desoxyn will likely perdorm much as ritalin

michaelaisabell
11-17-14, 11:12 PM
Methamphetamine is very close, chemically speaking, to ritalin. It's very different from adderall, as adderall has multiple medications released over time.

If you noticed adderall only works early on or towards the end, you want to try taking the specific amphetamine salt that is helping, as desoxyn will likely perdorm much as ritalin

I thought ritalin was suppose to be very Similar to cocaine in it's chemical structure/ makeup?

Softball
11-18-14, 03:11 AM
How fast does desoxyn work and for how long ? What's the equivalent of 30mg adderall?

sarahsweets
11-18-14, 04:53 AM
As far as I know methamphetamine is not chemically similar to Ritalin. Its similar to amphetamine. Ritalin is similar to cocaine.

Stevuke79
11-18-14, 08:24 AM
I thought ritalin was suppose to be very Similar to cocaine in it's chemical structure/ makeup?

As far as I know methamphetamine is not chemically similar to Ritalin. Its similar to amphetamine. Ritalin is similar to cocaine.

I have the same understanding as michaelaisabell and Sarah.

I'm pretty sure Desoxyn/methamphetamine is not similar to Ritalin, certainly not more similar than adderall is to Ritalin. I would think adderall is more similar to Ritalin than Desoxyn.

peripatetic
11-18-14, 10:03 AM
moderator note

This thread is not about the similarities of this vs that medication, it's about switching. Be respectful and start your own thread rather than derailing this one.

Cheers

peripatetic
11-18-14, 12:25 PM
How fast does desoxyn work and for how long ? What's the equivalent of 30mg adderall?

i've been prescribed desoyxn in the past. it works as quickly as other instant release medication. within twenty minutes or so, i'd say. maybe half an hour.

i don't know the equivalent in adderall because adderall didn't work out for me and it's been years and years since i took it.

i can't recall exactly how long each dose worked...longer than ritalin and longer than dexedrine at a much smaller dosage...maybe six hours? i think i was on 5 mg BID or TID. there's an extended release, but i never took that.

i discontinued half my other medications around the same time and then abruptly stopped taking everything, including it, at one point and overall that never works out well for me and likely doesn't do much for my memory of taking it. it was brief though.

hope you fare well on it and that it helps. i'm going to move this over to desoxyn for you so that people who've taken it can respond. take care