View Full Version : Anyone into podcasts??

Musical Dreamer
11-20-14, 03:19 PM
First, I can't do audiobooks. I know a lot of ADDers who swear by them, but they just don't work for me. I love reading and I was excited that audible would give me the opportunity to enjoy books at times when reading is impossible, like driving. The thing is it takes me a while to read a book. When listening, though, I get really distracted. The best part about an actual book is you can stop and think about what it is you just read. With the audiobook, I would find myself constantly having to rewind because I got lost in thought about a topic. It's hard to pause constantly, especially when you're driving, and I hate sitting in silence.

So, anyway. Podcasts are completely different for me. Even if it's one person, rather than an interview format, it feels like more of a conversation. I joke with my partner that I feel like I'm friends with the people I listen to and refer to them constantly by name. The perk of it being like a conversation is that if I zone out for a little bit, I can easily fill in the blanks. I get plenty of practice from doing that in normal conversations.

I listen to a ton of entertainment podcasts, but I've recently gotten into more of the "self-help" (I hate that term) ones. My current go to is ADHD Rewired with ADD coach Eric Tivers. It's very relateable for me because he's very open about his ADHD and he often has his "moments" on air. I'm curious if there are any other good ADD/productivity podcasts out there. I've found a few that I'm not as into and I'm really close to catching up on Rewired. Any suggestions?

Pilgrim
11-20-14, 09:33 PM
I love them. A great source of information and it feels like something rewarding.

Flory
11-20-14, 09:40 PM
I like a joe rogan podcast :)

I also like listening to power 105.1 NY breakfast club they have a real chemistry the three presenters