View Full Version : ADD woman have crush on ADD guy

BadBrains81
11-20-14, 06:19 PM
Hi iam new here...ive got a big crush on this ADD guy that i ve met a year ago on therapy sessions.first time a talk to him it felt very familiar like ive talked to or saw him before.the more a saw him the more i became attracted to him his very charming intelligent sensitive incecure guy..hes 23 iam 33 years old ive never thought i would feel attracted to a younger guy :( is so weird we got so much in common its crazy! Iam very shy incecure woman i get nervous if he looks at me but i love talk to him and been in hes company.i would like to be friends but iam scare of rejection and don't know how, i mess up alot,i talk too much or i don't pay attention becouse iam too nervous :( i feel so incecure about my looks ..i just cant figure out if he likes me enough.anyone here who had been in the same situation? I cant stop thinking about him :( excuse me for my poor english :D

Pilgrim
11-20-14, 09:06 PM
I'm in that situation twice a week. Give it a go.

vpilar
11-20-14, 11:52 PM
I'm in that situation twice a week.

:giggle:

BadBrains81
11-21-14, 07:54 AM
I'm in that situation twice a week. Give it a go.
:) tell me more about ?!I think 2 ADDers in a relationship would be a mess :lol: things wouldn't work out...

Mustang78
11-28-14, 01:14 AM
:yes: I'd pay to see 2 ADD'ers Dating. :D

sarahsweets
11-28-14, 07:02 AM
Be careful getting involved with someone from therapy. It can muck up the healing waters.

Maurice
11-28-14, 10:05 PM
Most definitely go for it! That's exactly what I mean decided to look for, a lady with ADD. Since most of the non ADD women I have been with in the past either didn't want to or couldn't understand ADD.

I'd be very curious as to where Pilgrim finds two ADD women a week lol.

Rebelyell
11-28-14, 10:30 PM
I'm trying to find a good adhd woman by me, so far I've been sol.

Pilgrim
11-29-14, 07:18 AM
I seem to attract them. It can be a problem if you rub each other with your ADD quirks.

sarahsweets
11-29-14, 10:22 AM
I'm married to an awesome adhd guy and I have adhd. We actually compliment each other. We've been married for 19 years so that says something.

BadBrains81
11-29-14, 06:38 PM
I think i was hyperfocus on him ! When i'am medicated i think it helps me alot not thinking too much about him and i make more eye contact . I guess if he really liked me he would have told me already.

BadBrains81
11-29-14, 06:45 PM
I seem to attract them. It can be a problem if you rub each other with your ADD quirks.
We take things too personally, hypersensitivity :(

Pilgrim
11-30-14, 03:04 AM
We take things too personally, hypersensitivity :(

That's a really good point

Rebelyell
11-30-14, 03:07 AM
I was dating on several months ago and it was like the sky rolled back and.for the 1st time some one really understood me.and was.on the same.page.and.i.didnt have to.explain it.over and.over again.just like that she walked away for someone else.i dont.know if I'll ever find a bond.like that again, id like to think.so. but it was.really a.breath of.fresh air.for.awhile.

stef
11-30-14, 03:55 AM
I'm sure it could work if it wasn't quite the same ADHD.

in college I had a crush on this guy who must have had inattentive ADd, he worke at the front desk in our dorm. I told my friend and she burst out laughing and said (fondly, ), stef if you dated him you 2 wouldn't even be able to get out of the house !!

My husband is still baffled by how I funtction ( and vice versa). He.s the most focused person I know.

BellaVita
11-30-14, 09:58 AM
Dating someone with ADHD is the best.

:)

BellaVita
11-30-14, 09:59 AM
I was dating on several months ago and it was like the sky rolled back and.for the 1st time some one really understood me.and was.on the same.page.and.i.didnt have to.explain it.over and.over again.just like that she walked away for someone else.i dont.know if I'll ever find a bond.like that again, id like to think.so. but it was.really a.breath of.fresh air.for.awhile.

Yes, it's really amazing when someone truly understands.

Sorry she left though. :grouphug:

dvdnvwls
11-30-14, 04:03 PM
I guess if he really liked me he would have told me already.
He is maybe thinking the same thing, about you. :)

But on the other hand I agree with Sarah - when it's someone from therapy, it can be a problem. You really really need therapy to go well, and this could cause problems.

BadBrains81
12-01-14, 10:45 AM
He is maybe thinking the same thing, about you. :)

But on the other hand I agree with Sarah - when it's someone from therapy, it can be a problem. You really really need therapy to go well, and this could cause problems.

I find very hard to notice when a guy is flirting with me or if he likes me. i do not know how to say something similar back when it happens its like i don't know what to do.
i also agree with u and Sarahsweets, it can be a problem because i sometimes can not concentrare on therapy :lol:

InvitroCanibal
12-01-14, 03:08 PM
Me and my fiancee are both add. Our house is usually a mess, but we found that we both have strengths the other doesn't have. It can be both good and bad. The truth is you'll learn more about your disorder than you ever wanted to know but you'll also accept eachothers flaws because after all, they're the same. I tend to think it's best not to look for someone to fix you in a relationship, and when both of you are just as clueless as the other, it prevents babying.

So, ill say it has its downsides but I wouldn't ever trade the benefits away and it definetely works for me and her.

I do feel sorry for our poor poor future children though...unlucky for them probably.

BadBrains81
12-04-14, 10:06 AM
Me and my fiancee are both add. Our house is usually a mess, but we found that we both have strengths the other doesn't have. It can be both good and bad. The truth is you'll learn more about your disorder than you ever wanted to know but you'll also accept eachothers flaws because after all, they're the same. I tend to think it's best not to look for someone to fix you in a relationship, and when both of you are just as clueless as the other, it prevents babying.

So, ill say it has its downsides but I wouldn't ever trade the benefits away and it definetely works for me and her.

I do feel sorry for our poor poor future children though...unlucky for them probably.
Good for you to have someone who understands and accepts your flaws and love you for who you are . Maybe i'm just in love with the whole idea of having someone who understands me accepts me for who i'm and adds something in our relationship learn from eachother... you're absolutely right about learning more of disorder from eachother,just by liking him i learn to accept myself more and i think i'm Ok the way i'm....but i gotta Let it go :(

Skyf@ll
12-04-14, 07:10 PM
Best situation

+>>>>>>>>-

opposites attract

Its physics, its chemistry...its a fact ;)

How could I put up with myself everyday lol That's just me though :)

MrsNewton
12-04-14, 09:01 PM
Hi iam new here...ive got a big crush on this ADD guy that i ve met a year ago on therapy sessions.first time a talk to him it felt very familiar like ive talked to or saw him before.the more a saw him the more i became attracted to him his very charming intelligent sensitive incecure guy..hes 23 iam 33 years old ive never thought i would feel attracted to a younger guy :( is so weird we got so much in common its crazy! Iam very shy incecure woman i get nervous if he looks at me but i love talk to him and been in hes company.i would like to be friends but iam scare of rejection and don't know how, i mess up alot,i talk too much or i don't pay attention becouse iam too nervous :( i feel so incecure about my looks ..i just cant figure out if he likes me enough.anyone here who had been in the same situation? I cant stop thinking about him :( excuse me for my poor english :D

I married someone with ADHD, and he's my best friend. Life is crazy around here, and sometimes we have a hard time having a conversation, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

mbrandon
12-11-14, 08:55 PM
I guess if he really liked me he would have told me already.

That's a mistake. You said yourself he is insecure. Some men need to be approached. For all you know he thinks the same about you! It's an equal society today, men shouldn't have to do all the work!

BadBrains81
12-12-14, 08:46 AM
Best situation

+>>>>>>>>-

opposites attract

Its physics, its chemistry...its a fact ;)

How could I put up with myself everyday lol That's just me though :)
like Introcanibal have already said ;We both have strengths the other doesn't have. It can be both good and bad.
Althou we do have alot incommon and often it's like i'm listen to meself talking. We are not the same he seems to be more of a pratical person than i'm :) i like that alot! ADD men are in some ways different than ADD women

BadBrains81
12-12-14, 08:48 AM
I meant InvitroCanibal. ..

BadBrains81
12-12-14, 12:10 PM
That's a mistake. You said yourself he is insecure. Some men need to be approached. For all you know he thinks the same about you! It's an equal society today, men shouldn't have to do all the work!
i can only wish he feels the same about me :D i'm sorry but i'm not going to chase any men,Maybe I'm just too old fashioned when it comes to dating a man...but that's because i've been hurt alot in the past ..a man knows right away when a woman is his type. i find it hard to recognize when someone likes me/for more than a friend.