View Full Version : Synthetic Food-Like Substance Engineering and Why We Become Addicted

Unmanagable
11-26-14, 02:36 PM
There's a massive amount of money and scientific energy invested in creating the chemical s*** storm of food-like substances that gets us hooked. Sugars, salts, and fats. The most highly processed crap out there. It's all done purposely for profits, NOT for nutritional benefits to genuinely help reduce hunger. Keeping it real when choosing what you ingest can help avoid falling for the toxic traps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cpdb78pWl4

Jshect
11-26-14, 06:56 PM
Yes, and the whole industry has evolved around the high carb/low fat model which we are now learning is not healthy, but causing more problems. They further trick the public by putting terms like "all natural ingredients", and "healthy" or "heart healthy" on the covers, when it is usually the opposite. Arsenic is all natural but it will kill you.

BellaVita
11-26-14, 08:06 PM
Oh my...I'm vegan but the thumbnail for this video looks ridiculously good.

I like that, "food-like substance." So true.

Jshect
11-27-14, 01:33 AM
Remember Bella, Vegan doesn't mean healthy. You would be 1000 times healthier eating an occasional Salmon, chicken breast, or steak than eating pasta, pizza, or processed food.

sarek
11-27-14, 03:42 AM
Having gotten into this messy mad matter makes one thing very clear to me and that is that it has become extremely difficult to maintain a healthy eating pattern.

You would almost have to go back to growing your own vegetables to be absolutely sure you are ingesting the necessary nutrients without also consuming a range of toxic chemicals.

BellaVita
11-27-14, 03:49 AM
Remember Bella, Vegan doesn't mean healthy. You would be 1000 times healthier eating an occasional Salmon, chicken breast, or steak than eating pasta, pizza, or processed food.

I know, but I actually eat pretty healthy. (Shop at Whole Foods) Thanks for the tip though. I'd eat meat, if it didn't make me sick!

I actually don't eat hardly any pasta, pizza, etc...

Jshect
11-27-14, 05:41 PM
There's a massive amount of money and scientific energy invested in creating the chemical s*** storm of food-like substances that gets us hooked. Sugars, salts, and fats. The most highly processed crap out there. It's all done purposely for profits, NOT for nutritional benefits to genuinely help reduce hunger. Keeping it real when choosing what you ingest can help avoid falling for the toxic traps.

Imagine if these scientists put this kind of energy into getting the population to eat healthier. By combining organic healthy herbs and vegetables into healthy delicious meals. I guess there are cook books that give you recipes but they don't have millions of dollars in scientific research.

Jshect
11-27-14, 05:42 PM
And to think many people on this forum and all over the world are probably suffering to varying degrees because of these scientists and this multibillion dollar business.

Jshect
11-27-14, 05:48 PM
Having gotten into this messy mad matter makes one thing very clear to me and that is that it has become extremely difficult to maintain a healthy eating pattern.

You would almost have to go back to growing your own vegetables to be absolutely sure you are ingesting the necessary nutrients without also consuming a range of toxic chemicals.

You've just got to do the best you can do, and not beat yourself up over it. I started a thread about a 30 day diet I've started. I made it about 7 days and cheated two days in a row, but life goes on, I can't just quit and start eating chips and donuts everyday again. I've just got to accept the mistake, and get back on track.