View Full Version : Strattera Review

Austinnou88
11-26-14, 07:22 PM
So my doctor started me on Strattera a month ago, and had me start on the packet from 25mg and work my way up all the way to 80mg. Each dose worked very well for me until I got to 80mg and then I started getting increased anxiety. I stopped after I started getting the side effects and went back down to 60mg where I still had increased anxiety, which prior to taking the 80mg I never had a single side effect at that dose.
I then dropped to 40mg which still gave me some side effects so then went back down to 25mg. The 25mg is giving me some side affects now and I'm trying to figure out what happened. Anyone else experience anything similar or know anything that could help?

CraigPerth
12-15-14, 01:36 AM
Had the same issue going from 25MG to 40MG... they dropped me back to 25MG immediately... however for me going back to 25MG was a few days of shear hell... I am fine now tho and on 25MG... not enough to help the ADHD 100% but its having an effect on the ADHD...

Austinnou88
01-06-15, 09:58 PM
So would you suggest dropping back down to the 25mg and getting through the first few days on it?

Meteodan
01-07-15, 10:42 AM
It's possible you just titrated upward too quickly. When I started, I was on 25 mg for 2 weeks before upping to 40 mg, and then another two weeks on that before going to 60 mg. You really should start out low and go slow with this stuff. I would talk to your doctor about it if you haven't already.

Austinnou88
01-09-15, 03:21 PM
Thanks. I think I'm going to switch over to adderall and start low and slowly since the side effects have just been too much to handle. I suppose the key though is to do just like you said, start low and slowly.