View Full Version : Very odd Digestion of Dexedrine , feedback please

NviaM9
11-28-14, 05:49 AM
Is there a sure fire way to make these things work properly?
I have been told that it is important to eat specific foods while taking dexedrine. ie No Orange juice with an hour before or after Doses, or grapefuit jiuce may enhance side effects, and this one is my Favorite. Eat a Tums before your dose to extend DOE.
All not applicable to me as far as i know.
Also Liver enzymes play a part in any drug . That is something that is out of my Doctors Depth.
Please tell me what I can do to be able to mak my meds work. I got upset at something and got over zelous the other day.. 60mg in 2 hours. Nothing not even later.

someothertime
11-28-14, 08:09 AM
In terms of response... food has a limited impact.

You can find all the relevant info in the manufacturers product information guidelines... put simply... regardless of what food is consumed... if you receive no response then you are best to discuss another medication with your prescriber.

It is quite valuable information for them and your treatment as it may indicate alternate/co diagnosis which will mean better treatment and mediation.

sarahsweets
11-28-14, 11:24 AM
If you took 60mg in 2 hours what is your prescribed dose?

NviaM9
12-01-14, 03:20 PM
In terms of response... food has a limited impact.

You can find all the relevant info in the manufacturers product information guidelines... put simply... regardless of what food is consumed... if you receive no response then you are best to discuss another medication with your prescriber.

It is quite valuable information for them and your treatment as it may indicate alternate/co diagnosis which will mean better treatment and mediation.

That is the odd thing. The drug can work At low doses. Most times it takes a few hours to start working as much as 12 hours later. But usually within 3 hours. The Duration is fine when working. Right until I fall asleep the Dexedrine is doing what is is supposed to. All that on a good day. For the most part, mind you, it is a sugar pill. By that I mean 20 days of the month. It is frustrating to know that there is a simple little pill that can fix my day, that may or may not have an effect. Not even side effects. You would think with enough in your system you would .......... ahh Nevermind. I Give up again.

Traveler5
12-02-14, 08:21 PM
You took 60mg of Dex within a 2 hour time period and didn't feel a thing -- not even side effects? Wow.

That's a lot of Dex for a person who has not taken that much before. I take 25mg per day. If I took 60mg within 2 hours it would probably give me a heart attack and kill me. Dex works for me, but my system is sensitive to stimulants.

I wouldn't suggest you do that again.

Talk with your doctor.

Pilgrim
12-03-14, 04:54 AM
Lack of effect is normally to much medication. Thats what I've heard. The ' magic pill' isn't going to fix everything all the time. I can normally break it into day's. I agree it's no normally food. The things I find that effects how the medication works is what I've got to do and how relaxed I am. That's why you've for to build in exercise.

Spektur
12-04-14, 12:51 AM
If I take too much I don't feel anything. Like nothing, I might as well be a walking statue. Like it will feel great and then I take one more and now I feel completely robotic with no emotions. It's a fickle mistress.

Pilgrim
12-04-14, 08:35 AM
A ' fickle mistress' it can be.

Little Missy
12-04-14, 08:54 AM
A ' fickle mistress' it can be.

Aye 'tis.