View Full Version : Headspace.

mbrandon
12-02-14, 07:45 PM
Does anyone else get lost in their head?

Example. I will be going to do something like make dinner, change, do the laundry, etc.. I'll be on my way and start thinking about something seemingly random. That thought will lead to another and suddenly I'll notice that I've been standing in one place for a couple minutes just staring off into space, thinking, totally engrossed in some random thread of my mind. To add insult I'll reprimand myself for being a space cadet and go back to what I was doing and it will happen again! Within the span of less than a minute! At that point all I can do is shake my head and be like "yep."

I've also wondered for awhile why I hate taking showers, I think it's related, and it's not that I like being dirty or hate water... I take a shower at least every day. I think it's because if I'm not intensely focused on making the shower as fast as possible I will spend a good 10 minutes in there just alternately washing and blanking, thinking about some stupid idea, conversation, past event, fantasy. I used to count the seconds off in a goal to finish before I reached 120 but would usually forget to keep counting at some point.

This has really been annoying me lately. As far as I know this has been happening all of my life although honestly I can't really remember much about my life. It does not seem to be as bad when I have someone to interact with, rarely am I "caught" doing this.

Does this describe you well? What do you do if anything to stop this behavior?

TXJK14
12-02-14, 08:04 PM
Sounds just like me before my meds have kicked in.

mbrandon
12-03-14, 01:02 AM
Thanks man. Still trying to figure this thing out.

BadBrains81
12-12-14, 05:22 PM
Does anyone else get lost in their head?

Example. I will be going to do something like make dinner, change, do the laundry, etc.. I'll be on my way and start thinking about something seemingly random. That thought will lead to another and suddenly I'll notice that I've been standing in one place for a couple minutes just staring off into space, thinking, totally engrossed in some random thread of my mind. To add insult I'll reprimand myself for being a space cadet and go back to what I was doing and it will happen again! Within the span of less than a minute! At that point all I can do is shake my head and be like "yep."

I've also wondered for awhile why I hate taking showers, I think it's related, and it's not that I like being dirty or hate water... I take a shower at least every day. I think it's because if I'm not intensely focused on making the shower as fast as possible I will spend a good 10 minutes in there just alternately washing and blanking, thinking about some stupid idea, conversation, past event, fantasy. I used to count the seconds off in a goal to finish before I reached 120 but would usually forget to keep counting at some point.

This has really been annoying me lately. As far as I know this has been happening all of my life although honestly I can't really remember much about my life. It does not seem to be as bad when I have someone to interact with, rarely am I "caught" doing this.

Does this describe you well? What do you do if anything to stop this behavior?
that describes me pretty well , too! I also daydream, fantasize , think, ruminate...It leads to procrastination. I'm alot in my head! i try to accept myself as i'm. especially when I sleep so little at night i'm in my head alot, or maybe it's because i'm in my head that i sleep so little..my mind doesn't want to stop.therapy/medicine have helped me stay focused and dealing with it but it would never completely stop.

dvdnvwls
12-12-14, 06:24 PM
Yes, I have this, and I think all ADHDers do. When stressed, tired, and/or un-medicated, it's much worse.

psychopathetic
12-13-14, 06:11 AM
YES!
I'm with everyone else posting here. I SO relate to this!!

I call it going into oblivion.

At it's worst, it'll happen many MANY times throughout the day. Just loops after loops of 'popping' into focus, becoming bored, going into oblivion...popping back into focus, becoming bored...etc. etc.

(((((((HUGS)))))))