View Full Version : Sticking to goal

eagle17
12-05-14, 04:34 PM
I very often struggle with sticking to my long term goals. Like really struggle. Sometimes it works out but often it doesn't. Besides that I think it is always stretching way longer than it would normally take because of my "laziness" and slacking off. It's impossible to control that.

I tried everything I could possibly come up with or read about but it only helps a little. Like recently I made thread on my diet improvement in nutrition section here on addf. I have to say that it helped and I did more than I would probably do otherwise but still.. It's like magical force holding me back. Help me, please?:scratch::scratch::scratch:

dvdnvwls
12-05-14, 06:31 PM
Do you have ADHD? If so, that magical force holding you back is called... ADHD. :)

If some strategy or plan works for you, even a little bit, then stick with it and expand on it. If something doesn't work for you even after giving it a fair try, then even if it's famous and supposed to be the bee's knees, drop it and look for something else.

eagle17
12-05-14, 07:07 PM
I do have ADD. I guess I put it in such a way as if I didn't know that it's ADD. I mean I know what it is but just wanted to point out that it's very strong and in my way;)

Those little things I mentioned aren't really working in the long term. It's like they work for a week and then stop.

Some more tips, anyone please? I have a really important goal and I don't want it to stretch into years.:p

Ryan18
07-16-15, 12:40 PM
I am facing the similar problem. Please suggest something folks that have worked...