View Full Version : Exams

aphx89
12-06-14, 05:37 PM
Bah! Just had an exam, and noticed that for the rest of the day and somewhat the next day I felt completely wrecked. Was really bad. Not able to focus on anything. Games.Movies. Conversations. Nothing. Was restless and just wanted to close my eyes and sleep but not sleepy.And noticed myself being more impulsive, spending money on stupid stuff and wanting to drink even though i was alone.

Anyone has noticed feeling similar after having exams or after forcing themself to concentrate really hard? (Currently not on meds)

kashmoney
12-06-14, 11:07 PM
Yepp! I definitely feel this way after exams! Student life :(
P.S. how do you force yourself to concentrate on studying? I wish i knew how to do that! :'
(

kashmoney
12-06-14, 11:08 PM
Yepp! I definitely feel this way after exams! Student life :( Even after lectures i feel this way. Others are able to go home and study or do readings, meanwhile when i go home after class i am completely drained. Unable to do anything!

P.S. how do you force yourself to concentrate on studying? I wish i knew how to do that! :'(

dvdnvwls
12-06-14, 11:44 PM
Yes, that kind of thing is common for me - becoming unable to focus, wanting to close my eyes (to make the world stop, not because I'm sleepy), becoming more impulsive - in other words, ADHD got worse after forcing long concentration. Meds do help.

aphx89
12-07-14, 09:05 AM
Yepp! I definitely feel this way after exams! Student life :( Even after lectures i feel this way. Others are able to go home and study or do readings, meanwhile when i go home after class i am completely drained. Unable to do anything!

P.S. how do you force yourself to concentrate on studying? I wish i knew how to do that! :'(

I feel that way after lectures also :/
How do I force myself to study? Well. Good question. I guess I basically don't anymore. But I could for a long time. Always found science interesting when I was younger and was able to hyperfocus on it. So, I wanted to do good at it now in uni also. So I was able to push myself to study, because I was doing something I thought was interesting, but it ended up being too much in the end I guess. Was also very afraid of failing classes.

In retrospect I see that being so hard on myself really has taken its toll on me, and is one of the greatest factors to my dystymia. I guess its typical for adhd to not know their limits always. So, I wouldn't recommend it.

Jenn1202
12-07-14, 11:11 AM
Yes, even on meds!