View Full Version : Need help, any opinions ideas would be appreciated

fasb510
12-06-14, 10:20 PM
I'm sure this has been asked multiple times before, I DO NOT HAVE ADHD. I usually take adderall to make up for my stupid procrastination. I'm tired of procrastinating but when I don't take adderall, I literally have no energy or motivation to do anything. I really think I'm addicted to adderall and I want to feel like this all time, and when I'm on it, I feel so great but just after and when I don't take it I just keep thinking about how life would be better while on it. I weightlift everyday, I do cardio, I'm a basketball player, and I drink lots of water, I eat somewhat healthy and I do smoke weed everyday, but only before I sleep. I use to take adderall for school related stuff but now just anything I need to get done I feel like I need an adderall to help me get through it. Is there anyway to improve my daily life without feeling like *** all the time???? Thanks guys.

Pilgrim
12-07-14, 01:04 AM
If I was you I would try to get some form of medical opinion about the way I feel.

MrsNewton
12-07-14, 01:56 AM
I'm sure this has been asked multiple times before, I DO NOT HAVE ADHD. I usually take adderall to make up for my stupid procrastination. I'm tired of procrastinating but when I don't take adderall, I literally have no energy or motivation to do anything. I really think I'm addicted to adderall and I want to feel like this all time, and when I'm on it, I feel so great but just after and when I don't take it I just keep thinking about how life would be better while on it. I weightlift everyday, I do cardio, I'm a basketball player, and I drink lots of water, I eat somewhat healthy and I do smoke weed everyday, but only before I sleep. I use to take adderall for school related stuff but now just anything I need to get done I feel like I need an adderall to help me get through it. Is there anyway to improve my daily life without feeling like *** all the time???? Thanks guys.

I think you have other things going on in your brain and you are self medicating with adderall. You need to understand that if you are taking adderall and you don't need it, you are seriously effing up your brain chemistry. Truly, it is nothing to play around with.

I would see a doctor and ask to be evaluated for mood changes. Just be honest, admit how you're feeling and take it from there.

Batman55
12-07-14, 02:43 AM
I would think weed isn't great for brain chemistry either, IMHO

TheRealMonty
12-10-14, 05:33 AM
Do you take it more often? You're and athlete why do you need to smoke weed to get sleep and take aderall

sarahsweets
12-10-14, 05:48 AM
Smoking weed and taking adderall is counterproductive.

Fuzzy12
12-10-14, 09:56 AM
See a doctor about feeling tired, listless or demotivated. Even if it's not ADHD, there might be other underlying reasons to make you feel this way, e.g. a deficiency of some sort, depression, allergies, depression, etc.

Get professional help with your addiction.

tomsawyr
12-10-14, 05:11 PM
Smoking weed everyday will take away your motivation. Doesn't matter when you smoke it.
It used to make me feel like everything's alright, just the way it is... I can just step over the stuff on my floor, because I'm laid-back guy.

Louder Than Love
12-10-14, 06:04 PM
It's true, Adderall does make a person feel good. it's prescribed for more things than just ADD. also, Narcolepsy, extreme fatigue disorder, major depression, some doctors will still write it for weight loss, it increases focus, alertness, euphoria, sense of well being, pleasing tactile sensation (parasthesia ). you could just be depressed or fatigued and the Adderall masks it.