View Full Version : Need to increase my dose

michaelaisabell
12-07-14, 10:41 PM
I've been on 27mg of concerta for almost two weeks now and I'm not getting any symptom releif.
On Tuesday I'm going to the dr to ask him to increase my dose.
I know the med guide says go up my 18 mg a week.
So do you think he will increase me by adding an 18mg pill to my 27 or just bump me up to 36 mg?

I'm just asking cuz I don't think 36mg will be that much more effective than the 27 I'm already on since it's only a 9mg increase over a whole days time.

Should I just let him know that I think adding 18mg would probably be more effective? Or just see what he does?

Also has anyone ever started on 27 mg and then either gone up to 36 or 45mg?
If so was it a big difference as far as symptom releif or side effects?

I am not getting any releif from my current dose.
I was taking 7.5 mg of adderall ir with a drastic improvement in symptoms ( was taking it 2x a day) but I was having quite a few side effects which I why I switched to concerta.
If concerta is going to work for me would I be getting at least a little releif on 27mg? Or could my dose just be too low?

Babylon5
12-10-14, 04:24 PM
I've been on 27mg of concerta for almost two weeks now and I'm not getting any symptom releif.
On Tuesday I'm going to the dr to ask him to increase my dose.
I know the med guide says go up my 18 mg a week.
So do you think he will increase me by adding an 18mg pill to my 27 or just bump me up to 36 mg?

I'm just asking cuz I don't think 36mg will be that much more effective than the 27 I'm already on since it's only a 9mg increase over a whole days time.

Should I just let him know that I think adding 18mg would probably be more effective? Or just see what he does?

Also has anyone ever started on 27 mg and then either gone up to 36 or 45mg?
If so was it a big difference as far as symptom releif or side effects?

I am not getting any releif from my current dose.
I was taking 7.5 mg of adderall ir with a drastic improvement in symptoms ( was taking it 2x a day) but I was having quite a few side effects which I why I switched to concerta.
If concerta is going to work for me would I be getting at least a little releif on 27mg? Or could my dose just be too low?
It sounds like your dose is too low. I didn't see any relief until I hit 72 mg. Now I'm on 108 mg a day. I barely feel it.