View Full Version : adderall xr in morning, drinking alcohol at night?

disasterlife
12-08-14, 03:59 PM
So I'm taking adderall xr 5mg one daily around 7am. Is it OK to drink alcohol at night? Maybe 3-4 beers with like 5% alcohol.

Maurice
12-08-14, 06:24 PM
So I'm taking adderall xr 5mg one daily around 7am. Is it OK to drink alcohol at night? Maybe 3-4 beers with like 5% alcohol.

I sure hope so! I take 25mgs of Adderall XR twice a day.

And drink Yukon Jack at night sometimes. And it's 50% alcohol. :D

dvdnvwls
12-09-14, 04:39 AM
1. Yes, you can drink.

2. With any Adderall in your system, you tend to feel not-drunk when you really are drunk, so keep a tight limit on your number of drinks.

sarahsweets
12-10-14, 05:46 AM
Just keep in mind if you always want to plan your drinking around your med schedule or your med schedule around your drinking.

disasterlife
12-10-14, 11:40 AM
It sounds like it will have a similar effect to drinking redbull vodka drinks. I wouldn't feel the effects of the alcohol until maybe 5 drinks. I once drank 20 redbull/vodkas and had a .36 bac. That time it really hit me at the end of the night and I could barley remember what hotel I was staying at. Felt really depressed too all of a sudden.

Louder Than Love
12-10-14, 06:17 PM
Yeah, you'll be okay. that's a very low dose of Adderall, if the booze relaxes you, I say cheers mate.

Laserbeak
12-11-14, 05:03 AM
The main danger with drinking (or taking any other depressant drugs) alongside it, is that you may stay awake and alert and not feel how impaired you have become by the drinks or drugs. This is especially dangerous if you need to drive. But there really is no intrinsic reason why you can't use both together, as long as you handle it properly.

lucylove1990
12-14-14, 08:21 PM
It sounds like it will have a similar effect to drinking redbull vodka drinks. I wouldn't feel the effects of the alcohol until maybe 5 drinks. I once drank 20 redbull/vodkas and had a .36 bac. That time it really hit me at the end of the night and I could barley remember what hotel I was staying at. Felt really depressed too all of a sudden.

Wow! I've always heard that about energy drinks and alcohol but I didn't know if it was true or not.

lucylove1990
12-14-14, 08:22 PM
Since you take your med really early It's probably fine.

Maurice
12-14-14, 08:41 PM

How did you learn your bac. was . 36?

My personal recorded best is . 29 and I also got charged with fleeing and eluding! :o)

disasterlife
12-15-14, 02:13 AM
Ended up in the hospital with suicidal thoughts and was on one of those 72 hour holds. They did the blood test and told me it was .36.

Trev92
12-15-14, 02:35 AM
I take 12.5mg twice daily and drink a few right after my second dose sometimes. I find drinking has lost its appeal with me since Adderall makes me skip being drunk and all of a sudden I've had three Long Island teas and Im stone cold sober but exhausted and sleepy.

Content ID
12-16-14, 06:13 AM
Please keep posts on topic.

You should be okay if your last dose was 6+ hours ago. Remember in the medication pamphlet you get each month it states "Limit alcohol consumption".

I find that drinking anything with alcohol makes my medications severely ineffective and takes a few days for them to return to normal again.