View Full Version : App tells you how you feel - it really works

tomsawyr
12-15-14, 12:30 PM
Okay, I admit I have a problem. I am not in touch with my feelings.

This app, called

Moodies Emotions by Beyond Verbal

analyzes your speech inflections. They say it is based on 18 years of research. You push a button and start talking. It records sends info to their servers and sends back your emotions information.

Hint: it works best when you are talking about something important to you. I do it in private because I am shy - helps make it real. Talk for at least 20 seconds for one reading, or longer for more. Y

Then you can play back the recording and see how if you stumble upon a subject that makes you sad, you sound sad, and the app picks it up.

Way cool!

Maurice
12-15-14, 11:45 PM
Sure! Just like my SwiftKey Pro keyboard automatically chooses emoticons for me!

And like you said, they are sooooooo accurate!

Between auto-emoticon, predictive text and spell correction, it's almost like I forget how to think spell and feel And my magic keyboard would let everyone know how I feel!

tomsawyr
12-16-14, 12:20 PM
Ha! I didn't know SwiftKey Pro was supposed to do that. I'll check it out.

I didn't say Moodies was super accurate. Sometimes it is not, but sometimes it reveals feelings I suppress. The other night, I was listening to the recording of me talking about my plan to go overseas, and it indicated loneliness for a few seconds. I don't want to believe I am lonely, but when I started talking about those plans, I DID sound lonely.

That's why I said it really works. It doesn't have to be 100% accurate. If it sniffs out feelings I didn't know I had, that's good enough for me.

michaelaisabell
12-17-14, 03:07 PM
I gta try these!! Lol

michaelaisabell
12-17-14, 03:14 PM
I don't care if it's accurate or not it just sounds fun. Lol
It's like quizzes in Facebook they are fun and you take them for the heck if it but sometimes you get a result that is really spot on.

Skyf@ll
12-24-14, 05:22 PM
Yeah these so called "apps" are great!

I downloaded a sleep app to see how many times I woke etc during the night.

Put it in an empty room with absolute silence and it says I was awake 48% of the time.

It's an app!