View Full Version : Registered for my final term of graduate school

CoateRack
12-16-14, 03:54 AM
I'm brand new here, and don't even know if I'll be back, but, well, the title says it all. I needed to post somewhere people would get how exciting that is.

I registered 4 weeks late but that's actually doing pretty well for me.

I'm officially registered for my final term of graduate school. I'll have my Masters from a well respected university this coming May, provided nothing goes horribly wrong and I bother to turn in paperwork. My first publication of an article I co-authored comes out in February and I have a chapter in a book coming out sometime this spring.

I mean, the rest of my life is a huge mess but, you guys, I'm going to have a *graduate degree."

LoquaciousDee
12-17-14, 12:33 AM
This is incredible! It is my hope to be able to pursue graduate studies if I can manage to get through undergrad. Now that I have a diagnosis, and will have more help, I'm really hoping this term goes well.

You've given me a ton of hope. Congratulations, and finish strong! :-D

Cheers,

LD

roidrage
12-20-14, 04:51 AM
Nice I am halfway through mine, it's good to get it done. Sadly I stopped seeing a doctor till about now, yea that whole rock bottom thing did it for me with everything. Gl with your term how many months are your terms?

anonymouslyadd
12-20-14, 12:31 PM
Fantastic news!

execfunc
12-21-14, 04:52 AM
That's fantastic, CoateRack. Getting a graduate degree is a significant accomplishment for anyone, really, but considerably more so for us. You're in the homestretch, so don't get complacent (one of my downfalls in the past).

I'm two terms into my MFA, and it's definitely wearing me out and pushing me to my limits, along with my job. It's a testament to the effectiveness of ADHD meds and treatment, though.

Also, welcome I hope you come back. These forums are great. I'd be here more but I have little time and energy. Keep at it you're approaching a watershed achievement!