View Full Version : Supplements For Better Attention

outerspace7
12-18-14, 12:32 AM
Trying some supplements for better attention and focus.

12/17/2014

Did this protocol for like a week minus a few things. I added b6 to the regimen just yesterday.. I think I will lower the b3 dosage because it may be causing me a headache.

Krill Oil - 1 capsule
Magnesium - 400 mg
B Complex - 50 mg range
800mcg - Folic Acid
Vitamin B3 - 1500mg - 2x-3x a day
Selenium - 200mcg
vitamin e - 30 iu
Zinc - 50 mg
Copper - 6mg
Vitamin d3 - 5000 iu
vitamin c - 500 mg
b6 - 100mg
Black Seeds

Trying to see if this helps me long term. Seems I have times of very good focus.

outerspace7
12-22-14, 01:59 AM
12/21/2014

Hey guys, I didn't mean to not update in so long but I've been in Vegas. Just got back today, and I took a week or so off the protocol, and now I'm back on it.

Today I did the following:

Multi-vitamin tablet
Copper 6mg (I take this because I have white hairs and thats a sign of copper deficiency. We'll see if the white hairs improve! Copper also metabolises iron!...which would explain my inability to concentrate and focus/fatigue)
Vitamin B3(as niacinamide)
B Complex
Vitamin B6
Vitamin B9 (folic acid)
Vitamin C
Vitamin D
Zinc
Selenium(with vit e)
Magnesium

I just want to add, I did achieve periods where I felt "normal." Just focusing with what seemed like normal. Doing task to task, taking a small break, but able to get back into focus at will. I'm hoping fixing copper levels which metabolizes iron will reverse my inability to concentrate, along with the other supplements.

outerspace7
12-22-14, 07:29 PM
I upped my Copper dosage today significantly due to my "salt and pepper" hair(sign of copper deficiency).

Today, I had a lot more energy much earlier in the day than I normally do; my focus and anxiety were also pretty much gone.

Let's keep going with the protocol, because I can feel my energy increasing dramatically at times. We'll see how this effects me long term. I am following a doctor prescribed orthomolecular treatment for ADHD.

Copper Functions:
Circulation
Dopamine Production
Norepinephrine Production
Epinephrine Production
Iron Metabolism(iron therefore effects dopamine levels!)
Help Thyroid Function

Looking at the functions of copper above, I can see why it may help eliminate adhd symptoms; especially is one is deficient. My energy levels were very high today and I was focused, and less anxious. It's too soon to tell if its the copper; but I do have a sign of copper deficiency, so let's see if the grey hairs reverse and my add symptoms are cured.

BellaVita
12-22-14, 08:45 PM
If it's true ADHD, it won't be cured.

sarahsweets
12-22-14, 10:29 PM
adhd can't be cured unless you ride a unicorn and eat red lollipops.

Lunacie
12-22-14, 11:23 PM
I upped my Copper dosage today significantly due to my "salt and pepper" hair(sign of copper deficiency).

Today, I had a lot more energy much earlier in the day than I normally do; my focus and anxiety were also pretty much gone.

Let's keep going with the protocol, because I can feel my energy increasing dramatically at times. We'll see how this effects me long term. I am following a doctor prescribed orthomolecular treatment for ADHD.

Copper Functions:
Circulation
Dopamine Production
Norepinephrine Production
Epinephrine Production
Iron Metabolism(iron therefore effects dopamine levels!)
Help Thyroid Function

Looking at the functions of copper above, I can see why it may help eliminate adhd symptoms; especially is one is deficient. My energy levels were very high today and I was focused, and less anxious. It's too soon to tell if its the copper; but I do have a sign of copper deficiency, so let's see if the grey hairs reverse and my add symptoms are cured.

I've been wishing my hair would go silver (grey) so I could stop coloring it,
but apparently my copper levels are good. :rolleyes:

Please don't go overboard with the copper supplements, they can cause liver damage.

MrsNewton
12-23-14, 12:33 AM
What everyone means, is cured = remission of symptoms, forever. Without any supplements or meds, which can't happen with ADHD.

You can only treat the symptoms of ADHD, if you [still] have it as an adult, you will always have it.

I'm glad you are finding a system that works for you, just please be sure to run all of the supplements you are taking by your Doc, because several of them can be detrimental if you're getting too much.

MikhailTal
12-24-14, 02:27 PM
Who is to claim that true ADHD exists, something independent of defiencies? Neurological evidence isn't decisive yet. I do assume 'true ADHD' exists. But as far as I know, there is no objective test yet to make it clear, so every person diagnosed with ADHD, is technically speaking possibly misdiagnosed. ADHD's diagnosis criteria are measured by subjective judgment, and say nothing about the cause of the symptoms. As of now, "ADHD" is just a carefully constructed collection of perceptions of abnormal behaviour.

People should never be discouraged to be doubtful, and to seek ways to improve their symptoms.

outerspace7
12-26-14, 12:00 AM
Who is to claim that true ADHD exists, something independent of defiencies? Neurological evidence isn't decisive yet. I do assume 'true ADHD' exists. But as far as I know, there is no objective test yet to make it clear, so every person diagnosed with ADHD, is technically speaking possibly misdiagnosed. ADHD's diagnosis criteria are measured by subjective judgment, and say nothing about the cause of the symptoms. As of now, "ADHD" is just a carefully constructed collection of perceptions of abnormal behaviour.

People should never be discouraged to be doubtful, and to seek ways to improve their symptoms.

I agree completely.

outerspace7
12-26-14, 12:12 AM
If it's true ADHD, it won't be cured.

You say true ADHD cannot be cured....but what is your definition of true ADHD?

Are you saying science has found the cause of a true ADHD? And diagnosis can be made without relying on a patterns of behavior signs and symptoms?

If there's a true adhd what is the true cause?

And if you don't know the true cause, then how can there be a true adhd?

outerspace7
12-26-14, 01:21 AM
Back to the purpose of this log....!

UPDATE TIME!

12/24/2014

My desire for passive activities has greatly diminished! My pattern of need to watch stuff on my computer alll dayy long and not getting bored... has lessened so much to a point that sitting in front a youtube video is a bit repulsive??

The addiction of lying in bed, and watching something on youtube or watching a movie, and watching it, is no longer addicting; it rather seems that I would do such an activity just to well..relax...not because I'm trying to escape anything, like my inability to focus on tasks, or just doing something passive to escape my anxiety because focusing is too difficult. super strange.

I feel driven to get things done, which is abnormal for me. Usually I just plan but never get to doing as much as I want without spacing out too much even it I carry out my task. Now, I'm moving forward!

My desire to do wasteful activities has greatly diminished. My taste for unhealthy foods, has greatly diminished, but I may still have a sweet tooth once in a few days! :).
My choice of activities revolves around doing something producitive( so weird, i feel like im transforming into some kind of smart person! who likes to do productive things only or something).

Multivitamin - 1
Krill Oil - 1 capsule
Magnesium - 400 mg
B Complex - 50 mg range
800mcg - Folic Acid
Vitamin B3 - 1000mg 2x a day
Selenium - 200mcg
vitamin e - 30 iu
Zinc - 50 mg
Copper - 10mg a day
Vitamin d3 - 5000 iu
vitamin c - 500 mg
b6 - 100mg
Black Seeds - 1 tspoon

outerspace7
12-26-14, 01:24 AM

then maybe ill just ride a unicorn and eat red lollipops....:D

outerspace7
12-26-14, 06:55 PM
12/26/2014

Another pretty great day!!!! I'm on to something!!....... :)

So I a great deal of energy right now. I just took my daily supplements with a meal. I've added some things which are vital for energy, like more vitamin e and b12. Some supplements I will divide to take with morning meal, and then again in the evening with dinner.

Here's what I had today:

Multivtaimin W/ Iron
Copper - 10 mg
B Complex - 50 mg Range
Niacin B3 - 1000mg so far aiming for 1500 mg a day
Vitamin C - 500 mg; aiming for up to 2 grams a day
Vitamin D - 5000 iu
Krill Oil - 2 Capsules
Magnesium - 200 mg - aiming for 400mg a day
Zinc - 50 mg
Selenium - 200 mcg - aiming for 400 mcg a day for now
Folic Acid - 1600 mcg
Vitamin E - 400 mcg - aiming for 800 mcg
b12 - 4000mcg

So I need to add calcium and the supplements should be complete. Yup, its quite a bit but it has to be isolated specific amounts. Some are micrograms so its not giving you a super high dosage.

I've added b12 because its important for anemia along with a number of other vitamins in this list. I am going to increase some dosages because I believe I can handle more; as long as I go up slowly as my body adjusts. I will keep you guys updated.!

P.S I've been studying vitamin and minerals for about 7-8 years; I got into it about years ago during medical school, and have been interested since. It is a hobby of mine and I have great interest in the brain and how it's affected by nutrition. :D

outerspace7
12-26-14, 07:04 PM
What everyone means, is cured = remission of symptoms, forever. Without any supplements or meds, which can't happen with ADHD.

You can only treat the symptoms of ADHD, if you [still] have it as an adult, you will always have it.

I'm glad you are finding a system that works for you, just please be sure to run all of the supplements you are taking by your Doc, because several of them can be detrimental if you're getting too much.

Thank you; and also for your concern.

I am well aware of the supplements that can be detrimental...I've been a researcher on this for 7-8 years. :)

outerspace7
12-26-14, 07:09 PM
I've been wishing my hair would go silver (grey) so I could stop coloring it,
but apparently my copper levels are good. :rolleyes:

Please don't go overboard with the copper supplements, they can cause liver damage.

Thanks for your concern on copper supplementation.

I am well aware of the dangerous toxic effects many supplements can have in high dosages.

I've been a researcher of vitamin minerals/supplements/ brain health etc...since my days in medical school, so I've been researching for about 7-8 years now.

outerspace7
12-27-14, 08:38 PM
Today, no energy like the days before hmm I wonder why....

the drive the focus... maybe the zinc has removed the copper and I should lower my zinc.

I cut out the extra 50 mg zinc so I can raise my copper levels; there is 25 mg in the mutli anyway..

I think I should keep the vitamin c at 500 mg too, because its suppose to also lower copper absorption...that just might be the cause..because I upped my vitamin c yesterday.

Today I Did:

Multivtaimin W/ Iron -
Copper - 18 mg around
B Complex - 50 mg Range
Niacin B3 - 2000mg
Vitamin C - 500 mg
Vitamin D - 5000 iu
Krill Oil - 2 Capsules
Magnesium - 200 mg
Zinc - None
Selenium - 200 mcg
Folic Acid - 1600 mcg
Vitamin E - 400 mcg
b12 - 10,000 mcg

outerspace7
12-28-14, 10:32 PM
Great news! The one day was an off day, and I think I was correct as to why.

I lessened vitamin c and left out the zinc. These are copper antagonists. Today I upped my dose of copper, and everything was fine agaiin! My guess as to why is that the copper antagonists lowered copper levels; and in the case of a deficiency, that would have a dramatic effect on my levels!

Now I lessened vitamin c, and didn't take zinc isolated.

I just took copper today to see the effects, and it was great! Much more energy and drive. I plan to take it a few months and see if it can reverse my white hairs.

I think I finally found a major deficiency, and can attribute that to the symptoms I'm trying to overcome! :) So far its, working....now that bring me to 3 days of great energy!

Copper - Forgot dosage what I took but it was quite a bit. 16mg or more possibly.
B Complex - 50 mg Range
Niacin B3 - none today
Vitamin C - 500 mg
Vitamin D - 5000 iu
Krill Oil - 1 Capsules
Magnesium - 200 mg
Zinc - None
Selenium - 200 mcg
Folic Acid - 1600 mcg
Vitamin E - 400 mcg
b12 - 5000mcg

outerspace7
12-29-14, 04:28 PM
Ok, so I'm taking quite a few copper antagonists apparently.

Vitamin C, B3, B6, zinc, manganese are all copper antagonists. I'm going to stop the other supplements, and experiment with just copper alone for awhile and see how that goes. not 100% sure but I might leave out the antagonists. Maybe it will be a good idea for instant results. Then I can see the effect of copper.

outerspace7
12-30-14, 06:14 PM
12/30/2014

Good focus today. It shows when I study, I'm very well focused.

Ordered a copper bracelet for absorbing copper! So I don't have to supplement it.

I'm back on the regular regimen today without leaving out any supplements.

Thought of an absolutely great idea today!!!!!

Once I finish my supplements, the next buy will be aiming towards the activated forms of the supplements. I have found some good b complex's that are all activated and have extremely high ratings. If I take the activated forms, there is no need for my body to convert it on its own.

I'm thinking about adding vitamin a and calcium supplements..I might just find one supplement that has calcium with magnesium so I don't have to buy extra supplement.

outerspace7
12-31-14, 09:33 AM
12/31/2014

Pretty Good Focus! But I could not fall asleep!

I decided most of food in the house including possibly vegtables are all GMO; so I think I'm going to go organic. GMO has less nutrients and can cause allergic reactions in the body.

This morning I'm feeling pretty focused but I had extreme difficulty falling asleep. I still woke up early though. A few adjustments need to be made to my regimen in terms of lowering some dosages.

It's important to adjust as needed.

Regimen Plan For Today

12/31/2014

Copper - 8mg (Plan To Replace With Copper Bracelet For Better Absorption)
B Complex - 50 mg Range
Niacin B3 - 1500-2000 mg
Vitamin C - 2000 mg
Vitamin D - 5000 iu
Krill Oil - 2 Capsules/1Gram
Fish Oil - 1 Gram
Magnesium - 400 mg
Zinc - 25mg
Selenium - 200 mcg
Folic Acid - 800 mcg
Vitamin E - 400 mcg
No isolated B6 today(was taking 100 mg/ but I think that's too much long term).
2 Tsp Black Seeds

There's the stack plan for today. I took out b6 because it's already in my b complex. I forgot to post I was taking it in the previous posts. I'm am feeling much more focused! Reading is getting easier to focus and understand. I'm going to start with lower dosages and then move up and see the effects and how well I can tolerate the supplements.. That's why I lowered some.

Little Missy
12-31-14, 10:01 AM
Rock on with your supplemented self! Happy New Year, love reading your musings! :)

Unmanagable
12-31-14, 05:02 PM
Something must be working if you're remembering to take all this stuff. ;) We share similar supplemental intake. It's like a f/t job trying to figure it out based on actual bodily need vs. just guessing, finding wholesome real products/foods, adjusting according to present needs, staying aware and readjusting as the needs change, balancing nutritional intake with supplemental, unlearning all the crap we've been taught, etc., etc. As Missy said, "Rock on......." :)

outerspace7
01-01-15, 02:54 AM
Rock on with your supplemented self! Happy New Year, love reading your musings! :)

Thank you! Happy new year to you too!

Like the profile pic.

outerspace7
01-01-15, 02:56 AM
Something must be working if you're remembering to take all this stuff. ;) We share similar supplemental intake. It's like a f/t job trying to figure it out based on actual bodily need vs. just guessing, finding wholesome real products/foods, adjusting according to present needs, staying aware and readjusting as the needs change, balancing nutritional intake with supplemental, unlearning all the crap we've been taught, etc., etc. As Missy said, "Rock on......." :)

Thank you! :)

Very true! Im learning more and more and adjusting along the way! I'm sure I'm getting closer and closer to an optimal stack.

Can't wait for to finish my supplements, because next ones I'm aiming for is the activated forms! :)

COOL to know someone has similar supplement intakes too. Hope it's working well for you!

outerspace7
01-01-15, 03:25 AM
I'm going to further lower the dosage because taking the same supplements everyday means I probably won't need as much; and too much is never a good thing either. Light headache today but nothing too bad.

I'm trying to adjust to a dose that will be a "practical" for someone who is going to supplement the same everyday.

Here is today's plan.

Copper - (wearing copper bracelet now; so no need for supplementation)
Multivitamin With Iron
B Complex - none due to multivitamin
Niacin B3 - 1000 mg
Vitamin C - 1000 mg
Vitamin D - 5000 iu
Magnesium - 200 mg
Zinc - 25mg
Selenium - 200 mcg
Folic Acid - 800 mcg
Vitamin E - 400 mcg
Krill Oil - 1Gram
Fish Oil - 1 Gram
1tsp black seeds

Chicky75
01-01-15, 09:36 AM
Do you take all of these first thing in the morning, at different times, with food, without food, etc.?

Lunacie
01-01-15, 11:11 AM
I get the sense that you may be making changes too often or too quickly
to know for sure what is or isn't working. Just a thought.

outerspace7
01-01-15, 01:24 PM
Do you take all of these first thing in the morning, at different times, with food, without food, etc.?

I take them with food. All at once. Sometimes, morning with food, and evening with food. Some I talk half dosage in morning, half dosage in evening.

outerspace7
01-01-15, 01:28 PM
I get the sense that you may be making changes too often or too quickly
to know for sure what is or isn't working. Just a thought.

I agree somewhat..and plan to work on that as far as dosages are concerned....but what happened is that...

Due to slight lost of appetite at times and light headache, I needed to start reducing the dosages of many supplements at once, until I get to low enough dosages of each where I feel no adverse effects.

I plan to lower the dose until I find a good starting point, then plan to raise the dosage one by one to see each effect.

I'll figure something out. The supplements are pretty consistent...I only am changing the dosage levels. Sometimes I use multi with iron so I leave some others out or use half the amount of my isolated vitamins.

So far, the stack is helping me out a lot! :)

outerspace7
01-01-15, 02:06 PM
New Years!

1/1/2015

Copper - (wearing copper bracelet now; so no need for supplementation)
Multivitamin With Iron
B Complex - 50 range
Niacin B3 - 1000 mg
Vitamin C - 1000 mg
Vitamin D - 5000 iu
Magnesium - 200 mg
Zinc - 25mg
Selenium - 200 mcg
Folic Acid - 800 mcg
Calcium - 100 mg (been taking...forgot my folic acid supplement had calcium :O...PERFECT)
Vitamin E - 400 mcg
Krill Oil - 1Gram
Fish Oil - 1 Gram
1tsp black seeds

Lunacie
01-01-15, 04:29 PM
I agree somewhat..and plan to work on that as far as dosages are concerned....but what happened is that...

Due to slight lost of appetite at times and light headache, I needed to start reducing the dosages of many supplements at once, until I get to low enough dosages of each where I feel no adverse effects.

I plan to lower the dose until I find a good starting point, then plan to raise the dosage one by one to see each effect.

I'll figure something out. The supplements are pretty consistent...I only am changing the dosage levels. Sometimes I use multi with iron so I leave some others out or use half the amount of my isolated vitamins.

So far, the stack is helping me out a lot! :)

But you are not consistent in when you take them.

I use several supplements myself. I take them at the same time.

I only add one new thing at a time, always with a week or more between.

If I should have a reaction or side effect, I'd know what caused it.

Where do you buy your supplements?

I hate making a special trip to the health food store, but am ready to give

butterbur a chance to treat my migraines. That's the only place to buy it

other than online.

outerspace7
01-01-15, 06:09 PM
Where do you buy your supplements?

Online amazon usually.

outerspace7
01-01-15, 07:14 PM
My original supplement dosages were working best. I think I should have stuck to that one which I will post below; instead of unecessarily increasing dosages.

Thanks to this log I still have the exact dosage of what I started with in the beggining.

I am going to stick with original supplementation and see if that causes any side effects for a few weeks.

Krill Oil - 1 capsule
Magnesium - 400 mg
B Complex - 50 mg range
800mcg - Folic Acid
Vitamin B3 - 1500mg - 2x-3x a day
Selenium - 200mcg
vitamin e - 30 iu
Zinc - 50 mg
Copper - 6mg
Vitamin d3 - 5000 iu
vitamin c - 500 mg
b6 - 100mg
Black Seeds

outerspace7
01-02-15, 01:25 PM
1/2/2015 Update

Morning Stack:

Magnesium - 200 mg
B Complex - 50 mg range
Folic Acid - 800 mcg
Calcium - 100mg
Vitamin B3 - 1500- 2x-3x a day
Selenium - 200mcg
vitamin e - 30 iu
Zinc - 50 mg
Copper - 6mg
Vitamin d3 - 5000 iu
vitamin c - 500 mg
b6 - 100mg

outerspace7
01-02-15, 11:52 PM
1/2/2015

Not so so much energy today; or rather mental focus + energy like I had before and I think I know why because this happened before in my log.

The few days of immense energy I had were when I took my multivitamin and copper in the morning, and then the rest of all my supplements at night or after dinner.

I think it may help to space away the copper like I did when i got so much energy. Away from all the other supplements that I take because the copper antagonists in my regimen will effect its absorption.

The little details seem to matter a lot.

Besides that, I am increasing organic food, and trying to avoid GMO products. GMO can cause allergic reactions in the body, and mess with insulin levels.
Trying to eat healthier - more fruits and veggies.

Will update and let you know tomorrow if it workss.

Multivitamin W/Iron + Copper In The Morning

Then rest at night:
Magnesium - 200 mg
B Complex - 50 mg range
Folic Acid - 800 mcg
Calcium - 100mg
Vitamin B3 - 1000mg
Selenium - 200mcg
vitamin e - 30 iu
Zinc - 50 mg
Vitamin d3 - 5000 iu
vitamin c - 500 mg
b6 - 100mg

Little Missy
01-03-15, 07:37 AM
I have noted the absence of black seeds. Is there a reason?

outerspace7
01-04-15, 02:50 PM
I have noted the absence of black seeds. Is there a reason?

Several reasons.

1) I forgot.
2) Black seeds is more of a food than a supplement vitamin.
3) I want to use organic black seeds.
4) I started eating healthier and I think I'm going to go about this as a one by one vitamin approach.

outerspace7
01-04-15, 02:55 PM
1/4/2013

I don't like to have to take soo many supplements. I think getting nutrients from food is the best; organic fruits and vegtables, fish, organic whole wheat bread etc.

I decided to start with only supplement and see how that works, while eating more healthy.

The supplement I would like to start out with is b3.

B3 helps digestion, skin, and nervous system function. It dilates blood vessels, even the smallest and therefore can help nutrient delivery I guess.

B3 definetely seems to help with digestion, and that could mean extracting more nutrients out of the food I eat, which means needing to supplement less.

B3, dilates blood vessels so more nutrients to the brain possibly?

It's used for many things(B3).

Im going to take B3 for now and keep eating healthy. These are two things, that may cause me to increase nutrient levels, and maybe causing a bad reaction to the supplements im taking if I am getting too much.

meadd823
01-04-15, 04:10 PM

Darn I thought the cure was riding a polka doted zebra while eating candy coated apples . . . . . Seriously I think some supplements can help with feeling better over all . When I feel better over all I am able to focus better WHEN I take my medications . . . other wise I simply feel better while wandering around getting half of every thing out and completing absolutely nothing.

If eating a good diet cures your ADD then you have a dietary deficiency NOT ADD. I feel eating right is good for every ones over all health ADD or not - so dietary approaches done in earnest are seldom a waste of time. I have a lot of autoimmune disorders.

I noticed you are interested in gut health - Good for you much of our immune function is in our intestine -

Have you considered decreasing glutens or eliminating them all together if able? I find that helped my gut more than any thing well that and adding probiotics - at least 2 billion but 4 billion is best but more expensive.

I do savvy dietary approaches but I still requires adderall to assist me with my ADHD symptoms but I find I require less of it and what I do takes works better when my gut is healthy. I was exposed to crap loads of illness and did not catch it until I flubbed my probiotics regime then bam I got the virus strep throat from hell.. . .

I would agree with the one supplement at a time approach if some thing works you won't know what it is if you take a bunch of new stuff at one time Plus the flip side if some thing goes bad you won't know which one to eliminate either - My mom takes Niacin in some thing like 3 grams for her cholesterol levels and works wonders for her. I tried it and it gave me a head ache so supplements in high doses especially can and do cause side effects.

Also remember supplement and dietary approaches are not like traditional pharmaceutical approaches. Most people know pretty quickly if adderall or ritalin are going to work for them When using diet and herbal remedies it may take several weeks for the benefits to appear - so I would not add things any more often than monthly, eight weeks to be the optimum amount of time between changes. Also these thing must be done consistently - almost to the OCD point to really show any actual benefits.

Keeping journal is a good idea I recommend it for those taking medications also - short fast entries are best and more readily done by the ADDer You need to track your progress over time as opposed to one day at a time because having good days and bad days is normal for every one and does not really show much of any things in the way of useful information.

Hope this helps

outerspace7
01-05-15, 02:28 AM
I would agree with the one supplement at a time approach if some thing works you won't know what it is if you take a bunch of new stuff at one time

Hope this helps

Yes, that is true.

So far, I know the supplements have helped; something I'm taking has helped me dramatically....
But don't know exactly which ones are helping the most compared to the others, nor the side effects; or which effective and which not.
So far, I've been taking most of the same stuff, but the past few days, I haven't been. Getting a bit cautious.
I've decided to take it slowly now, I'm still need to stick to a regular regimen.
My next goal is to see what is working the best.

I agree with the others, one by one is the best approach.

1/5/2015

I guess ill start one by one then, and see which works and what doesn't work, until I get back to my regular regimen, more or less? We'll see. Right now my big focus is on eating healthy. I want to go one by one approach as the others have suggested.

We'll start with b3.

B3 - We'll start with this! My favorite supplement. Better skin, better digestion, dilation of blood vessels. GREAT STUFF!!

B3 - 3000 mg - split into 3 times a day.

outerspace7
01-05-15, 02:35 AM
*** FYI for anyone keeping up with this thread.

I don't necessarily log everyday here, so if I don't post an update on a particular day, it doesn't mean I didn't take my supplements that day. Some days I log it, just to share my experience, and results so far.

:)

I hope to try to go more with the flow of one supplement at a time approach as others have suggested in the thread;

and try to not switch ideas everyday... its the ADD??

So far I can say the following: 1) Supplements Do Have An Effect(definetelY!) 2) They have great potential to help symptoms(something has worked) 3) Something in the regimen is helping a great deal, just don't know what or if it's a combined effect. Hopefully with the new approach there will be better, more accurate, more specific results to report.

Jongeman
01-05-15, 01:07 PM
Keep up the good work outerspace7! I'm really interested in supplements and their effect.

If you might lose the enthusiasm or motivation to continue figuring it out; please do continue! I'm devouring your posts!

Good luck!

outerspace7
01-07-15, 12:11 PM
Keep up the good work outerspace7! I'm really interested in supplements and their effect.

If you might lose the enthusiasm or motivation to continue figuring it out; please do continue! I'm devouring your posts!

Good luck!

Thanks.., sometimes, this thread may seem really random, because I'm changing it up quite a bit. But I'm searching for what inside the stack has helped me out the most.

I also have another thread now about holistic approach. But I think I'll keep updated on here too.

outerspace7
01-07-15, 12:19 PM
So I've tested out the effects of niacin alone both with other supplements and without and it seems to have a great effect on skin lightening, blood flow to brain, and peripherals. I can feel the warmth and itchiness which means its working when I take it, not to mention become more red at time(due to increased blood flow).

Althought it's great for you I'm going to leave out the niacin now.

Something in my stack is working and I don't think it's niacin, although niacin is great.

The supplements I'm going to try next is b6 and zinc(without niacin). That is, b6 and zinc alone. That way I know the effect of it without the niacin involved.

I know that pyrolurics have a hemoglobin disorder that causes something called "pyrolles" to unnecessarily bind and b6 and zinc, causing them to flush out of the urine and create a deficiency.

I answer YES to many many symptoms of PYROLURIA(look it up).

I plan to take the b6 and zinc for at least a month, before I look for any noticeable changes. Apparently, pyroluria can cause add, adhd, ocd, symptoms, anxiety, tension in childhood years, feeling anxiety but covering it up, premature grey hair, and geneneral anxiety that just doesn't go away. Stitch in side when running. A lot of other stuff.

Since the b6 and zinc was in my stack, I'd like to take a few months at least and report back; something in my stack has helped, and maybe the isolation of these two, to rule out pyroluria, will help me resolve my issue.

And if not, I'll learn the effect of zinc and b6 on myself, and any side effects can be limited to the cause being just b6 or zinc.

outerspace7
01-07-15, 04:24 PM
Niacin - CHECK!
B6 And Zinc - Postponed
Nigella Sativa Seeds - Current

I'm switching, not going to do b6 and zinc just yet.

I'm going to do the nigella sativa seeds. They have great properties of reversing cancer(actual studies done, multiple studies of actually reversing cancer, contain, zinc, b6, copper, other b vitamins, and omega 3,6,9, arachidonic acid, 3-4 other acids I never heard of, and moreee....a lottt moree... Since I take them already, and the fact they have b6 and zinc...well...I'll just postpone the b6 and zinc.

King Tut Had Black Seed In His Tomb. Prophet Of Islam Muhammad(saw) said "in black seed is a cure for everything except death.
Also heard it was mentioned in the bible somewhere too. Ancient remedy..
I recommeneded this to a few poeple and they described it as "magical" and "spooky". A few told me something along the lines
that it had gotten rid of ailments that were not gone for months in a few days.

http://blackseedinc.stores.yahoo.net/chemanofblac.html

Stay tuned, I'll post the links of reversing cancer and such.

If you look at the nutrient content, it has many of the vitamins similar to the orthomolecular appraoch to assisting attention deficit? How peculiar???
For exampe, niacin is in high amount in black seed oil....the orthomolecular approach uses b vitamins, with niacin being the highest amount in terms of dosage.

outerspace7
01-07-15, 07:28 PM
Nigella Sativa
1/7/2015
So I took a 2 1/2 tspoon with food.
Then I chewed another 1 tsp and swallowed the oil, and spit out the seeds
I also put a tablespoon worth in my coffee brew and then filtered it out and drank that in coffee.

Stay tuned! Today I felt tired, probably due to my new diet; and adjusting to it.
Also avoiding a lot of sugar lately so that's probably why(adjusting). I was using organic
agave(low glycemic index) instead of regular sugar to sweeten my organic coffee! I also add organic milk.

Jongeman
01-15-15, 10:34 AM
Really interesting outerspace7, keep it up man, very informative.

Nigella Sativa sounds really interesting.

I'll share my own findings on supplements:

L-tyrosine, precursor to dopmaine helps
Omega3 fish oil capsule 1000mg with a high ratio of EPA:DHA acids (at least 2:1) (since I'm diagnosed I take 2 capsules). Helps creating more dop.receptors.
Ashwagandha helps combat fatigue and gives general energy
Theanine calms
Gaba completely calms! But makes you lethargic (though you don't really mind)
Pycnogenol for increased blood flow in the arteries, though this gives me a headache and makes me more jittery if anything.

I went to quite a good orthomolecular doctor with all the general diploma's (also in psychology) and 15 years of experience as a doctor, after she switched to orth.

Though I'm on medicine now, she adviced Mucuna Pruriens + Adaptonyl if I'm gonna quit the Dexamfetamine or when I'm on it long enough for my system to habituatie. Than I can try it.

Ok. let the research continue brother! Let our curious minds find all the best solutions! Peace! ^_^

Jongeman
08-12-15, 08:46 AM
Outerspace; any more about your findings?

bluelephant
11-29-15, 12:48 PM
1/2/2015

Multivitamin W/Iron + Copper In The Morning

Then rest at night:
Magnesium - 200 mg
B Complex - 50 mg range
Folic Acid - 800 mcg
Calcium - 100mg
Vitamin B3 - 1000mg
Selenium - 200mcg
vitamin e - 30 iu
Zinc - 50 mg
Vitamin d3 - 5000 iu
vitamin c - 500 mg
b6 - 100mg

I wanted to ask why the multivitamin in addition to some of the others on the list which may already be in it, and why the B3, B6, B9 (folate) on top of the B complex? Also I would take out Calcium, it is practically the easiest thing to get, and in excess can actually cause osteoporosis (just as with a deficiency). I would be careful about not overtaxing your liver with doubles even if they are water soluble.

Zenod_ADHDi
01-24-16, 05:17 PM
Examine.com

Read about nootropics (piracetam and noopept in particular)

Herbs to help
Rhodiola rosea (500mg/day)
Ashwagandha (1-6g/day in 3 even doses, one per meal)