View Full Version : Adderall make you appreciate things?

psychopathetic
12-18-14, 11:22 PM
I'm sitting here and a slight rush of gratitude and appreciation has washed over me after taking my evening dose a couple of hours ago.

It's not euphoric. I don't believe I'm 'high'. But dang...sometimes these rushes hit me with my adderall, and I just love it.
And Adderall has been doing this for months for me. Not always...not everyday. It's usually after I take a break of at least a couple of days that I get this feeling.

But I just feel deeply appreciative of things. Random things. Usually physical objects.
Tonight it's been my headphones. How nice they are, how comfortable they are, how loud they get lol. I freaking love them!
And a little pencil box I have next to my bed :lol:. How well constructed it is, and how it's got a nice little pouch inside of it to keep an eraser and pencil sharpener and some led for my mechanical pencil.

lol just random things. I just have this deep appreciation for random things in my life. Things I usually don't take a close look at, or that I totally take for granted...things I use a lot, but never really sit down and realize how much I like it!

I know it's from increased dopamine or something.

...am I getting high? Is this euphoria? I've taken drugs before...and this is NOTHING like any of those...at all. So I'm assuming it's not.
It's just a very lovely side effect that I get from my meds sometimes.
I will admit that I love this feeling. Not sure if I should worry about that. I've never chased this feeling in the year I've been on adderall though. Have never even wanted to chase after it.

Just wondering if you guys have experienced the same?
I wish I always felt this appreciative about things :p

michaelaisabell
12-18-14, 11:40 PM
I find that while I don't feel high, sometimes I have like a very happy pleasant feeling, it's not euphoric.
The only thing I can think is maybe this is a mild form of euphoria. Not the kind you get when taking street drugs.

I guess like the difference between taking a Percocet vs doing heroin.
You're not high but you feel good.

tomsawyr
12-19-14, 12:40 AM
The headphones caused the euphoria and made you appreciate your adderall.
I say just follow the prescription and enjoy what whatever happens.

InvitroCanibal
12-19-14, 12:56 AM
I feel the same way about my phone too...god I love it

Little Missy
12-19-14, 06:47 AM
Oh yeah, visceral baby, visceral. When it washes over like a flood of love.

Alecai
12-19-14, 08:44 AM
I don't know about the euphoria per se, probably because of the depression, but I definitely notice after I'm on half dose for a while then jump back up, I get a different level of understanding and appreciation.
Like I can see the complexity of something previously incomprehensible for the first time and that feeling which I equate to as close to "normal" as I'll feel does make me happy.
Like the bonds of my mind have been broken and I'm free of this curse. That clarity after going back to the half-dose muddle is enthralling.

Little Missy
12-19-14, 09:59 AM
Oh yeah, visceral baby, visceral. When it washes over like a flood of love.

I just re-read what I wrote and it reads to me as easily being very misunderstood.

Yes, when my meds are working along with me working with them I do have appreciation for practically everything.

Even if I am at my very worst, I still am able to step back and appreciate all sorts of things.

I better quit while I am ahead here!

Alecai
12-19-14, 10:03 AM
The clarity after having been in the half-dose muddle is enthralling*

Now I just need to learn to proof before I send.

Alecai
12-19-14, 10:13 AM
Missy, do you find interpersonal relations to be taxing?
Sometimes it seems easier for me to appreciate the things in my apt. with corporeal intricacies than it is for me to appreciate the mind of someone I'm speaking to. Almost like, since I can't see the intricacies of their thoughts, they hold no interest for me. Granted this is usually on bad days but are the communication problems still a factor in your situation?

psychopathetic
12-20-14, 04:59 AM
lol I almost forgot I posted this thread!

Glad I'm not the only one :).

I actually expressed this to my psychiatrist months ago...told her that sometimes the meds just really made me feel good, but I didn't think that it was 'euphoria' or getting me high.
I'm spoiled to have such a good doc.
She told me it's probably because my brain has been going through a lifetime of fog...and that these meds were helping lift that fog. Of course it was going to make me feel good!
No judgement from her at all! No hint of her deeming me a druggy lol.

And yet...I still feel a bit guilty about it. Or maybe guilt isn't the word I'm looking for. I'm not sure what word I'm looking for.
Wrong? lol I feel something negative at any rate that these meds are capable of making me feel so damn good sometimes.
So I just wanted to see if they did the same for others...just to make sure I wasn't alone on this. :p

(((((((MISSY HISSY))))))) :giggle: you are so sweet :)

(((((((Everyone))))))) :)

Little Missy
12-20-14, 10:59 PM
Missy, do you find interpersonal relations to be taxing?
Sometimes it seems easier for me to appreciate the things in my apt. with corporeal intricacies than it is for me to appreciate the mind of someone I'm speaking to. Almost like, since I can't see the intricacies of their thoughts, they hold no interest for me. Granted this is usually on bad days but are the communication problems still a factor in your situation?

Yes. And my apartment is an oasis of interesting things. Museum-like and I love being at home.