View Full Version : What is easy to eat?

Alecai
12-21-14, 01:06 AM
Fellow Adderall users, I am curious as to the eating habits of others on this med. I hate eating on it. It makes food taste bland or dry. I'll chew the same bite for minutes before forcing myself to swallow or taking a drink to wash it down. I'm currently eating soup, which I've made four times this week! Granted it is homemade and delicious but there has to be more I can eat than soup! Just curious as to what ya'll enjoy.

dvdnvwls
12-21-14, 02:53 AM
One helpful tip is eat something really good for breakfast, before your first dose has kicked in.

Trev92
12-21-14, 03:04 AM
Just some advice- if you DON'T eat a decent amount of protein every day and PLENTY of fluids you will start to develop terribly painful headaches- Adderall removes the "hungry signal" but your brain knows it is starving......I'd suggest lots of water and protein, try leafy vegetables- fresh and crisp if possible, it's a nice texture for me anyway. And apples.......ohhh the apples......yessssss

BellaVita
12-21-14, 03:38 AM
I eat the same food every day.

But I like it that way.

What about smoothies or protein shakes?

BlackWarrior
12-21-14, 04:46 AM
I eat the same food every day.

But I like it that way.

What about smoothies or protein shakes?

Same here. My medication does not change what I eat but maybe just makes me crave junk food a bit more...

Alecai
12-21-14, 03:43 PM
I do love smoothies(Bella). But I had forgotten that. I should really make a list on my whiteboard and put it on my counter. And eating in the morning does help a lot.(Dvd) Also I am no stranger to the headaches and starving game (Trev). This is something I've been struggling with for almost 8 years now. I wish I had known sooner there is a place like this to get such understanding help. Thank you all for the great advice!

HADDaball
12-21-14, 04:08 PM
Salad goes down easy.

+1 for more water, helps with that dry mouth thirsty feel.

michaelaisabell
12-21-14, 04:30 PM
I eat normal on it but I also crave more junk foods.

Try eating right after you take your pills before they kick on.
Are you on xr or ir?

Wowwowwow
12-21-14, 04:32 PM
J e l l o ...; )

sarahsweets
12-23-14, 05:43 AM
Protein shakes can be your best friend. Blended with some ice they taste like milkshakes.

dextroamp21
12-23-14, 07:20 PM
Taking an SSRI like Zoloft, Lexapro, Prozac helps with appetite if you don't mind adding a medication.

littlesmg88
05-30-15, 08:05 PM
on my adderall I don't want to eat during the day but I know I HAVE to & my stomach feeling hungry is annoying so I eat whatever is quick. I gulp down a scrambled egg, cup of yogurt or applesauce- and lately I've been just binging on special k protien shakes lol.
When the addy wears off I actually crave food then its a diff story.

TheChemicals
05-30-15, 09:57 PM
Protein shakes with some egg whites!!!! Easy

Little Missy
05-30-15, 09:57 PM
Protein shakes with some egg whites!!!! Easy

And good!

TheChemicals
05-30-15, 10:27 PM
If you like that you'll love protein shots!!! X:)

Little Missy
05-30-15, 10:39 PM
If you like that you'll love protein shots!!! X:)

Dig those too.:p

Skyf@ll
05-30-15, 11:20 PM
Egg in a cup, goes down easy ;)