View Full Version : Bupropion working? how do you know?

hoosdatguy
12-23-14, 07:58 PM
I've been on Bupropion for about 7-8 weeks. I started with 150 extended release then 300. Side effects were gone after only a few weeks. I can tell that my overall mood is better and have a bit more energy. But, i don't know if it is effective with my adhd. When or how did you know if this medication was "working"?.

I

Trev92
12-23-14, 08:06 PM
My only diagnosis is ADD, but I took bupropion for a month to quit smoking....it worked well. I have NO experience with using it as an anti-depressant however.....

Pilgrim
12-23-14, 11:44 PM
Can't you feel it.

roflwaffle
12-24-14, 12:02 AM
It's hasn't helped a whole lot with the attention/executive function parts of my ADHD, but it did help a fair bit with emotional regulation.

Pilgrim
12-24-14, 01:52 AM
Exactly, I have taken it but it is not an ADD med. I started it before Dexamphetamine.

It definitely lifts your mood.

hoosdatguy
12-25-14, 12:50 AM
Exactly, I just don't feel like its working for me. I told my doctor this and that was when she just increase the dosage from 150 to 300.

The problem is that I have anxiety issues and have bad case of bruxism (teeth grinding). She fears that any stimulants will have worsen my anxiety and increase my teeth grinding. What other choice do I have if not bupropion/wellbutrine and stimulants?

add_me
12-26-14, 12:49 PM
I've been on Bupropion for about 7-8 weeks. I started with 150 extended release then 300. Side effects were gone after only a few weeks. I can tell that my overall mood is better and have a bit more energy. But, i don't know if it is effective with my adhd. When or how did you know if this medication was "working"?.

I

What side-effects did you experience? I'm new to this drug, day 18 on Wellbutrin XL 150mg. I too have a better overall mood, and a bit more energy. I'll be seeing my DR in Feb for Adderall. I've had Adderall in the past and it helped with my ADD pi. I think the combination of the 2 drugs will do the trick for me.

Greyhound1
12-26-14, 02:18 PM
Exactly, I just don't feel like its working for me. I told my doctor this and that was when she just increase the dosage from 150 to 300.

The problem is that I have anxiety issues and have bad case of bruxism (teeth grinding). She fears that any stimulants will have worsen my anxiety and increase my teeth grinding. What other choice do I have if not bupropion/wellbutrine and stimulants?

You may want to discuss Strattera with your Dr. It's a non-stimulant ADHD med.
It is a selective norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor.

hoosdatguy
12-26-14, 10:58 PM
What side-effects did you experience? I'm new to this drug, day 18 on Wellbutrin XL 150mg. I too have a better overall mood, and a bit more energy. I'll be seeing my DR in Feb for Adderall. I've had Adderall in the past and it helped with my ADD pi. I think the combination of the 2 drugs will do the trick for me.

Main one was hearing and feeling my heart beat when i lay down to sleep. Apparently many people have trouble falling asleep on this med, but i don't.
About a week into it, my anxiety got worse and I was very irritable. But That could've been me just having a bad week.

Peachy87
12-27-14, 06:42 AM
I, too, just started Wellbutrin XR 150mg a day about a month ago. I've tries other SSRI's in the past, and I know this isn't an SSRI, but I'm usually really sensitive to them. So I don't like taking them bc im not a depressed person. But my doctor suggested this and so far no side effects. I feel like I think a little more normal of a mood on it. Not so "I don't have the strength to get out of my bed today" feeling. Hope it goes well for you!