View Full Version : Dexedrine vs vyanse/elvanse?

Strikkulf
12-25-14, 08:09 PM
I'm on 40 mg metamina/dexedrine a day. Now I get the chanse to test Elvanse/vyanse. But the problem is that I can have a Max of 70 mg elvanse a day, that's just 25 mg of metamina?!?

Anyone with experience? Metamina works, but I have to take it every 2,5-3 hours.

Traveler5
12-29-14, 08:32 PM
I currently take Dexedrine but have taken Vyvanse in the past. I found Vyvanse short-acting for a once-a-day med as well as it was expensive. Dex is better.

Karamo
02-21-15, 06:04 AM
Same here. Vyvanse only had positive effects for 3 hours - just as long as Metamina (which I'm on now) BUT with the added negative of seemingly having an extended noradrenergic effect which impaired sleep greatly. So Metamina all the way! =)

sarahsweets
02-21-15, 06:45 AM
I hate vyvanse because its always marketed as a drug that will last 12 hours. I havent met a singe person including myself that this has been true for.

Karamo
02-21-15, 08:03 AM
I hate vyvanse because its always marketed as a drug that will last 12 hours. I havent met a singe person including myself that this has been true for.

Right!? My doctor prescribed it actually BELIEVING it and then looking at me distrustingly when I told her that it didn't last very long.

dvdnvwls
02-21-15, 12:27 PM
Vyvanse does last a long time for me, but nowhere near 12 hours. (Around 8 hours or so)

Hyperman87
03-07-15, 04:27 PM

Alright, Sarah's absolutely correct on this one.:D With Vyvanse, it's tough to get 12 hours of Anti-ADHD activity from this medicine. I know I've tried.I mean it might be active for 12 to 15 hours in your bloodstream? However,after about 7 to 9 hours most of the effect is usually gone.

In this,case you can either add additional medication( .e.g. short-acting stimulant,Strattera,wellbutrin or a TCA!) or you'll have to change meds entirely.Why? Because raising the dosage of Vyvanse will not make it last any longer(that's determined by your body chemistry,remember the body turns Vyvanse into Dexedrine!)

The only thing increasing the dose will do is this.It'll just strengthen the effect of Vyvanse for say 7 to 9 hours(or how ever long it lasts for you!)