View Full Version : Off Topic Split from Emotions and Words

SB_UK
12-29-14, 11:03 AM
What happens when music meets the highest level of intellectual ?

America touts itself as the land of the free, but the number one freedom that you and I have is the freedom to enter into a subservient role in the workplace. Once you exercise this freedom you've lost all control over what you do, what is produced, and how it is produced. And in the end, the product doesn't belong to you. The only way you can avoid bosses and jobs is if you don't care about making a living. Which leads to the second freedom: the freedom to starve.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rage_Against_the_Machine#Political_views_and_activ ism

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oztdRo9GLLk

mildadhd
12-29-14, 11:09 PM

Affective/Cognitive Reciprocal

P

SB_UK
01-01-15, 06:55 AM
To ADDer rage -> engaged by -> anti-social systems.

Anybody can tell from an early age what is and is not anti-social ... ... rich kids herded into range rovers to protected schooling versus poor kids walking to dilapidated free schools where disruption of classes through poverty-related issues abounds.

Everything about money / law is anti-social.

mildadhd
01-02-15, 12:14 AM
To ADDer rage -> engaged by -> anti-social systems.

Anybody can tell from an early age what is and is not anti-social ... ... rich kids herded into range rovers to protected schooling versus poor kids walking to dilapidated free schools where disruption of classes through poverty-related issues abounds.

Everything about money / law is anti-social.

Hi SB_UK

Discussing social experiences are so subjectively complex.

Walking to school is an excellent example.

In my experience walking to school promotes healthy development.

But I can understand how walking to school could be unsafe etc in different circumstances.

When you discuss about ADHD and money, and some type of different reward system I can relate to some degree. (Not sure I can speak for everyone with ADHD, but I do not concentrate on having lots of money)

Social is a term I would like to understand better in general, these are new area of discussion for me.

I sporadically unorthodoxly wonder about a Levite concept in general, and don't clam to know anything about Levites, except that something catches my attention.

What do you mean when you refer to reward system in general?

What do you mean when you refer to social in general?

P

anonymouslyadd
01-02-15, 01:27 AM
America touts itself as the land of the free, but the number one freedom that you and I have is the freedom to enter into a subservient role in the workplace. Once you exercise this freedom you've lost all control over what you do, what is produced, and how it is produced. And in the end, the product doesn't belong to you. The only way you can avoid bosses and jobs is if you don't care about making a living.
Without the work place where would you get the clothes on your back, the food on your plate or the car you drive? You could have $1 million dollars but without work, bosses and employment to produce essential goods and services, that money would be useless.

Fuzzy12
01-02-15, 09:01 AM

What happens?

America touts itself as the land of the free, but the number one freedom that you and I have is the freedom to enter into a subservient role in the workplace. Once you exercise this freedom you've lost all control over what you do, what is produced, and how it is produced. And in the end, the product doesn't belong to you.

No, you haven't lost all control over what you do and for short periods of time you can control what YOU produce and how YOU produce it. It's just that if it doesn't comply with the specifications given to you by your employer you probably won't have that job for very long.

More importantly though, the freedom and control that you do lose is not absolute. To claim that it is absolute is incredibly offensive to people who actually have lost most of their freedom. I could be wrong but I guess that you and me have more control and freedom over our lives than most of the rest of the world.

Employment just affects a finite part of your life. The freedom and control that you give up for a salary is just one finite portion. It's fair enough too. Why should anyone pay or reward you for doing something that is of no benefit to them? Would you reward a burglar ransacking your house? Do you reward every random person you come across irrespective of what they are doing? When was the last time you rewarded ME for doing something that I believe is valuable??

No, the product does not always belong to you. Why should it? You exchanged your time and skill to produce something for money or some sort of reward. You didn't do it for free and you didn't do it thinking that the product would belong to you at some point. Also, do you want to own everything you produce? Why not share it? What's wrong with giving what you have got (in this case time, knowledge and skill) to make something that somebody else wants (i.e. the product). Money is just an intermediate step to quantify your property (in this case time, knowledge and skill) and a product.

Also, if you don't enter employment, the products that are produced by others or how they produce them still isn't under your control.

The only way you can avoid bosses and jobs is if you don't care about making a living. Which leads to the second freedom: the freedom to starve.

Yes, that would be a way to avoid bosses and jobs and some people might opt for that but it wouldn't suit everyone. And yes, you always have the freedom to starve (unless you are force fed) and that is a valid choice to make. It's your choice..just as it is other people's choice to exchange their products (services, goods, knowledge, skills, money, etc.) for other products.

As an aside: Have you read Siddharta by Hermann Hesse? Siddharta in that book claims that he possesses only three skills: He can think, he can wait and he can fast, which means that he is never absolutely dependent on anyone else. He is never forced to take a job to feed himself (though he doesn't say how long he can fast for...).

mildadhd
01-02-15, 11:08 AM
If I ever became leader.

I would and expect other people in the "party" to take a pay cut to the lowest level.

So we as a party could understand better what order of social improvements to make.

I have often thought of the Levite concept as a general guideline, but not limited to.

In Jewish tradition, a Levite (/ˈliːvaɪt/, Hebrew: לֵוִי, Modern Levi Tiberian LēwÓ ; "Attached") is a member of the Hebrew tribe of Levi. When Joshua led the Israelites into the land of Canaan (Joshua 13:33), the Sons of Levi were the only Israelite tribe that received cities but were not allowed to be landowners "because the Lord the God of Israel Himself is their inheritance" (Deuteronomy 18:2).[1][2] The Tribe of Levi served particular religious duties for the Israelites and had political responsibilities as well. In return, the landed tribes were expected to give tithe to the Kohanim, particularly the tithe known as the Maaser Rishon. The Kohanim were the priests, they performed the work in the Temple. The Levites who were not Kohanim played music in the Temple or served as guards.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levite

P

mildadhd
01-02-15, 11:21 AM
Interestingly

Before I was diagnosed with ADHD, I sometimes wondered if me and people like me, (?), where similar in ways to the tribe of Levi?

I have no idea how the actual Levites tradition "works" now or in the past.

And I have read some slightly different translations as well, somethings makes me curious. (Wiki quote above is a good general example)

I have meant to discuss these social topics several times in the past as general guidelines to futuristic ideas.

P

mildadhd
01-02-15, 11:58 AM
What concept specifically interests me is the sons of Levi were not allowed to be landowners?

How would it effect the social world in general today, if leaders were not allowed ownership?

P

SB_UK
01-06-15, 09:29 AM
the Sons of Levi were the only Israelite tribe that received cities but were not allowed to be landowners "because the Lord the God of Israel Himself is their inheritance"Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), I asked, “Are you familiar with those types of people who seem to crave stimulation, yet have a hard time staying with any one focus for a period of time? They may hop from career to career and sometimes even from relationship to relationship, never seeming to settle into one job or into a life with one person—but the whole time they remain incredibly creative and inventive.” “Ah, we know this type well,” one of the men said, the other three nodding in agreement. “What do you call this personality type?” I asked. “Very holy,” he said. “These are old souls, near the end of their karmic cycle.” Again, the other three nodded agreement, perhaps a bit more vigorously in response to my startled look. “Old souls?” I questioned, thinking that a very odd description for those whom American psychiatrists have diagnosed as having a particular disorder. “Yes,” the physician said. “In our religion, we believe that the purpose of reincarnation is to eventually free oneself from worldly entanglement and desire.
Free oneself from worldly entanglement is facilitated by 'not allowed to be landowners'.

Definitely true - ADDers are predisposed to a reward system which is not material world attachment (love of money/power etc) in nature. That's why we need to add reward in a bottle to make us do the silly things people do in this world.

Freedom may defined as reward through simple existence.
Though I stress that unless you live in an olive grove and are cursed with UK type weather - you'll need a zero energy house which belongs to all people though in which you stay, and some sort of field which belongs to all people in which you grow onions, tomatoes and garlic to eat ... ... all trivial to grow.

SB_UK
01-06-15, 10:31 AM
... ... and so in Conclusion
ADHD [== sensitivity at empathic, systematizing and sensory levels] represents the pained emergence of a social species in an anti-social environment.

SB_UK
01-06-15, 11:03 AM
You love money or you love quality.

ADDers love quality - across the board.

Can't do money/ownership/accumulation/titles/visible shows of wealth because it's really really REALLY dumb- and from where my mind sits - the sign of a profoundly sick individual.

You live to make life better for everybody (which will include yourself) - this cannot be done if one pursues an individualistic agenda unless the foundations ie everybody having enough and not impinging on others by exploring individual quality is pursued.