View Full Version : Best Generic Bupropion?

cloud1
12-30-14, 05:28 PM
I have been taking Bupropion for about 4 months now. At 1st it was all sunshine and butterflies with the generic 150 xl. Then of course I upped my dose to 300 XL. It was like I quit taking it. Trying to get my doc to approve two 150s a day was impossible because of the holidays. The pharmacy ordered a different brand which I wich start tomorrow. The one that didn't seem to work well was made by Par Pharm, the new brand I got is Actavis Phar. Brand is out of the question be because insurance won't cover and it would be $800 a month.

I know this question has been asked a lot but what is the best generic?

AED1955
08-07-15, 03:23 PM
According to the FDA, Par Pharmaceutical produces one of the only generics that has the bioequivalence of brand name Wellbutrin. The last update to their page was 10/13 so this may have changed.

http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/PostmarketDrugSafetyInformationforPatientsandProvi ders/ucm322161.htm

FocusPocus10
11-27-15, 05:31 PM
According to the FDA, Par Pharmaceutical produces one of the only generics that has the bioequivalence of brand name Wellbutrin. The last update to their page was 10/13 so this may have changed.

http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/PostmarketDrugSafetyInformationforPatientsandProvi ders/ucm322161.htm

yes we know that they say this however in reality this forum has many members who have found they prefer certain brands of generics for say adderall (sandoz is popular but some like teva/barr). It could be additives, could be a slightly different ratio of d-amp to l-amp in that case, but there have certainly been serious issues and recalls in terms of companies like corepharma a few years back turned out to be pure l-amp and way overdosed. Also not sure how often the FDA checks on the quality of the generic but they certainly dont test every batch nor every pill in the ones they do test. Consistency is something to look for. I have been on a few wellbutrins not sure I see much difference..

Snake-Eater
01-21-16, 11:54 AM
I've taken mylan And sandoz ir and had bad sides. Par is legit! Makes you feel great. Much better outlook on things and focus is great. Started off on 150 xl then went to 300mg and its a night and day difference. I stopped bc I was also diagnosed with adhd and was prescribed amphetamines then generic focalin, which I regret. So now I'm back to starting 300mg xl with 10 mg prozac and can't wait to have stable blood levels again. When I was on par bupropion for a couple months I actually remembered what happiness was, and day to day motivation was at its highest ever in my life.

FocusPocus10
05-20-16, 06:40 AM
Aplenzin is a true 24-hour solution unlike wellbutrin xl. If your insurance covers aplenzin or brand wellbutrin at a fair price go with them. The generics must have the same active ingredient (even that is flubbed half the time) but what they don't have is the same DELIVERY MECHANISM. For drugs which can cause seizures if this delivery is not very very smooth (such as bupropion hcl) it is bad news to deal with the cheap cement like generics. World of difference for name brand. of course the insurance companies don't want to pay for them or anything that actually helps us.