View Full Version : Coffee and Nicotine Gums as replacements for other stimulants?

DivyaK
12-31-14, 05:08 AM
I've struggled with my addiction to OCD meds and so I decided that I'll never take any for ADHD. However, I found myself a bit calmer under effects of coffee and cigarettes and got addicted those. I've cut down on cigarettes to 1 per week and try to do away with the 2mg Nicotine gums, atmost 3 in a day and drink about 4 to 6 cups of coffee everyday, to stay away from other stimulants.
I don't drink, except for at college parties, where I drink a little too much every time mostly because of my friends. But even this doesn't happen more than once a month.
Some people tell me that even this kind of lifestyle and addiction is not a good thing and can be very harmful to health. I used to think that this is a good way of controlling my addictions but now I'm having second thoughts. Any advises?

sarahsweets
12-31-14, 06:45 AM
I've been using the e cigarette and which ha s cut my evening smokers don a q lot.

Corina86
12-31-14, 09:02 PM
I had a lot more side effects from coffee than I did from Concerta. If coffee and nicotine are good for you, than take them, but you will become addicted to them as well. All good things can be addictive if you're predisposed to that.

sarahsweets
01-01-15, 08:28 AM
I am a hopeless addict and cigarettes are My last vice.

DivyaK
01-01-15, 11:07 AM
All good things can be addictive if you're predisposed to that.
I don't get it- is it a bad thing to be addicted to good things?:umm1:

and which one's a better option? e-cigarettes or nicotine gums?

Pilgrim
08-08-15, 05:15 PM
I don't get it- is it a bad thing to be addicted to good things?:umm1:

and which one's a better option? e-cigarettes or nicotine gums?

You should get addicted to nothing, maybe love?

Little Missy
08-08-15, 05:18 PM
You should get addicted to nothing, maybe love?

nooooo, then whats-his-face would be back again. :eek:

sarahsweets
08-12-15, 05:24 AM
I can't find the sources now but I've r read that there are clinical studies being done on nicotine as an off label sort of treatment for adhd.