View Full Version : Ritalin caused anxiety

ritalin_ADDict
01-03-15, 05:32 AM
so my name is a bit misleading. i was never a ritalin addict but i was using Ritalin and wellbutrin on and off for almost 2 years, and now i have this terrible general & social anxiety. i always had a little bit of it but now it's at the point where it's stops me from living a normal life, i am stuck at this terrible job, i can't get an education and i am turning 26 in 7 months. it's terrible. i really don't know what to do, as i have eliminated all medications including coffee and caffeine and it has been a couple months and still i have this paralyzing anxiety and i am unable to take stimulants because they just make it worse. i don't know what to do? am i going to stay like this for the rest of my life? will i not be able to take medication ever again?

dvdnvwls
01-03-15, 05:52 AM
- Maybe your dosage is not right?

- Maybe medication is not for you?

It's truly possible that a careful dosage adjustment might solve this problem.

fracturedstory
01-03-15, 07:35 PM
Same happened to me. Now I'm on anti-anxiety meds doing better.

ritalin_ADDict
01-14-15, 12:27 PM
Same happened to me. Now I'm on anti-anxiety meds doing better.

really? what kind? are you still able to take stimulant's and other add medication? did anti depressant's do you any good?

fracturedstory
01-16-15, 11:53 PM
really? what kind? are you still able to take stimulant's and other add medication? did anti depressant's do you any good?
The most common name is Paxil. I haven't tried to go back on stimulants yet. I'll have to organise that soon. I did have a 5mg dose of Ritalin while on the anti-deps and it seemed to bring back more focus and calmness. I was in a crowded bar and was still feeling on edge despite being on anti-anxiety meds but then I took a small dose of Ritalin and I started to feel comfortable in my surroundings.

The anti-depressants are great. I had really severe anxiety, which was even harder to control than my serious depression which often led to thoughts of suicide. The fact is it would pass but the anxiety was situational and related to my whole damn environment, usually anywhere outside my house. It had to do with finances and at the time the government was hinting that I'd lose my disability support pension. I was also too scared of going to venues I've never been to to see bands play live. It's still hard for me to do that but I'm just doing one step at a time.