View Full Version : Just paid $414 for strattera.

jman05
01-08-15, 07:00 PM
That is crazy. My insurance ran out and I am covered again but it still hasn't officially kicked in yet. I will be paid back though. I guess people pay that each month for car payments also.

michaelaisabell
01-08-15, 07:39 PM
Wow! Isn't there a generic?

michaelaisabell
01-08-15, 07:40 PM
Oh nm guess not. I googled it :P

Totalled
01-09-15, 01:47 PM
I pay $5 without insurance for a month's supply of Axepta (staretta) in India. :)

lostdisk
02-11-15, 12:15 PM
No Generic yet. You can also try looking on the Strattera website, and they have some money saving offers there. You should be able to get at least $75 knocked off.

karbouris
06-17-15, 02:39 PM
Wow. Generic Ritalin IR is 20.00

someothertime
06-18-15, 02:28 AM
Also, a kind request to your provider when beginning to request samples from the local company rep may yeild amicable means.

It is around that cost in Aust. Without insentive, I guestimate one third to one half of their client base to seek alternate options.

The fact that ( here at least ) it is a "go to" option.... when it comes to Adult ADHD at least..... i believe there is further scope to ascertain if, and to what level "price gouging" may be present. I suppose the willingness of prescribers to try alternates and the effectiveness of the alternates play a role here.

They are a private company and I thank them for making an option available.... I expect that they invest much in research / insurance and alike. I urge them, should they feel that their pricing is ethical. To expand and scale pricing support to a wider crossection of society.