View Full Version : Adult ADHD, studying again: Very difficult. How are we helped in other countries?

Despistado
01-12-15, 11:10 AM
Hello.

I'm a 30yo adult ADHD, I have been diagnosed a year ago. I have zero incomes and I have problems to pay a proper therapy, but I have prescribed a concerta-like drug (a generic form). I'm waiting for a scholarship, but it's not enough for an entire year of therapy and student costs (a cheap laptop, technical equipment and electronic components).

My job experience is extremelly limited, with a bit of simple temporary jobs at 19yo. Despite that, I fixed computers and devices since childhood but most of the time for free or too few money (abusers everywhere).

I also lack of proper studies, I'm starting them at a vocational school and having lots of issues with it. I procrastinate in a very impulsive way, these days it's difficult to stop it. I'm also mild depressive and have severe anxiety problems. I also started to smoke again and I'm still unable to totally stop it for a long perior of time, but I just smoke a bit.

How are Adult ADHD helped in other parts of the world? I'm from Spain and we have some NGOs, but their scope and resources are extremelly limited. At the end, the main issue is money.

Regards.

Maurice
01-12-15, 08:28 PM
In the USA people with ADD get special accommodations. Like taking tests by yourself, for example.

testaccommodati
09-11-15, 03:37 PM
Go here and read Testing accommodations posted 9/8/2015 - these are the laws that pertain to accommodation and standardized testing:
http://www.ada.gov/ta-pubs-pg2.htm