View Full Version : Anyone take an IR after concerta wears off?

Musical Dreamer
01-14-15, 04:00 PM
I've been on concerta for a while now and I feel like it's helped a lot. I definitely don't need a higher dose. I just wish it lasts longer. I take it at 6 a.m. everyday and I can start to feel it wearing off about 12 hours later.

Luckily, I'm out of work by 6 most days, so it doesn't affect my job. The only issue is my mood and motivation changes drastically once I crash. First I get really hyper and talkative (it takes me forever to wrap up conversations at work and get out the door) and then by the time I get home I can't be bothered to do anything. I get really cranky when my fiance asks me to do stuff, which is not good considering we're planning a wedding. I'd like to be able to remain productive outside of work. The only housework I get done is doing the dishes in the morning when I get my first med boost.

So I have to take the concerta first thing because otherwise I'll forget or have a hard time getting out of my bed and my house in the morning. My doctor gave me 5 mg IR to take in the late afternoon/early evening. Has anyone had any success with this? I'm having a hard time figuring out when the best time to take it would be (though I doubt it would disrupt my sleep). I don't want to disturb the success I've had with concerta by switching to IR or SR throughout the day, but I don't see any indications of using both ER and IR anywhere.

finallyfound10
01-15-15, 03:53 PM
I take 36 mg ER and I too was wondering about a boost later in the day as I work at least 12 hour shifts and feel like I might need something. I'll keep checking to see what your post gets for replies!

Musical Dreamer
01-16-15, 11:04 AM
I took the IR 5 mg at 4 pm (10 hours after my first dose) two days in a row. So far it's been a great help. I'm getting an extra push to wrap up my day and it hasn't disturbed my sleep at all. If anything, I'm more likely to go to bed at a decent time because I'm not fiddling around with nonsense that keeps me awake.