View Full Version : Dear Non-ADD Partner, I have found that... SQUIRREL !!

tester
01-15-15, 02:50 PM
Dear Non-ADD Partner, I have found that... SQUIRREL !!... I can get easily distracted, and despite my most genuine intentions... SQUIRREL !! ...my follow through on things suck... bad... SQUIRREL !!! ...because I'm easily distracted !!! or did I mention that already... the reference is from Disney Pixar's movie UP! for those that haven't seen the movie ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka59V4TFefM

Dear Non-ADD Partner, I can appreciate your frustration... true, the likelihood of me acknowledging said appreciation of said frustration, is doubtful at best... at worse, I won't recognize your frustration at all... and genuinely feel blind-sided and personally attacked when you bring it up at the later time, or later date when I totally forgot any incident happened at all... sound familiar Non-ADD partner... I feel for you... I truly do... and I wish desperately that I would have let you know... and moreover actually did something to change the cycle... oh? we've had that conversation before? we had this EXACT same argument ?! over this exact same issue last week? And the week before that?! And the week before that?!! You're lying !! I don't remember that conversation ! You NEVER remember!! Escalate Escalate Escalate Explosion ! Boom!! Sound familiar ????

For those of you that don't know, I'm the ADD partner, in my relationship... my wife struggles with feeling unappreciated and taken for granted... and don't wish for that... I'm a good man... I love her very much... but I have ADD... My apologies, I got distracted again ;)...

My whole reason for posting this thread was to mention to Non-ADD partner of a fun online resource that my wife and I discovered last evening while searching for ADD specific CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) Coaches and Groups, etc... for me... or rather, the wife was doing most of the actual searching at my request because I couldn't focus on the tediousness of all the reading despite genuinely wishing I could ... and I got distracted by a shiny link...

It's an ADD Site developed by the Canadian Comic writer producer actor Rick Green who suffers from ADD... I am very excited to share this resource with you the Non-ADD partner... mainly because you may need to cue up one of the videos for your ADD partner to get the ball rolling...

If you are the ADD partner in the relationship, chances are you got bored with this thread already and have read this far... to my credit, I've accounted for that by including the video resource link at near the top of this thread disguised as a cute Disney Pixar short ;) I have ADD too, I get you :) So, back to you, non-ADD partner... please watch the videos now, then finish reading my thread...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne0xl_PUHDk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne0xl_PUHDk)

ok, I'm finished... SQUIRREL !!! This is the main Youtube Page.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCRGkhZJg1SdOU87RWJybUqg (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRGkhZJg1SdOU87RWJybUqg)

I love MITTENS :)

tester
01-15-15, 04:05 PM
Dear Non-ADD Partner...

oh yah... something else to remember...we do better when when resources peek our interest... this site is both interesting and entertaining... and informative and educational... no disrespect to us ADD'ers, but we, and definitely I, learn different than you...

look at it this way... You need me to have nutrition in my diet... but I like snacks... so feed me nutritious snacks... but PLEASE, lead with the fact that they are snacks... because I want snacks... once I like what I'm eating, the nutrition will become my focus...

hyperfocus, if used for GOOD, not EVIL :) can be our greatest asset when learning life workarounds... if treatment, and CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) training are embraced by us, our innate ability of hyperfocus on it...

Remember, we still need to be properly medicated...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A6ptmdURUY

I love MITTENS!