View Full Version : MCT Oil

Friendlyshoe
01-17-15, 09:10 PM
Hi! Has anyone used MCT oil on their ADHD child? I read that it helps with 'clear thinking' and was curious if anyone has tried it.

Thanks!

Corina86
01-18-15, 07:49 AM
Where did you read that? I've never even heard of it before. Fish oil, on the other hand, has been studied more and some studies showed that it helped a bit with the ADHD symptoms.

Lunacie
01-18-15, 11:41 AM
That's new to me. However, I cannot use coconut oil, although my daughter
uses it for baking because my granddaughter has Diabetes type 2.

I'll stick with my fish oil supplements, been working for me for over 10 years. :)

Friendlyshoe
01-18-15, 01:40 PM
We use fish oil along with many other supplements, I was just looking into this since its a liquid with no flavor that you add to a drink.

I cannot find any medical studies on it with ADHD. I see studies with ALS, Altizmers, brain injuries, etc.

When I am reading various blogs people have mentioned that they have a mental clarity. That sparked an interest. The folks who drink bulletproof coffee put the MCT oil in it as well. They also discuss the mental focus. As well as althetic improvements.

Corina86
01-19-15, 01:13 PM
My non-ADHD friends have great improvements in focus and concentration from anything. And so do most people on the Internet. On the other, I tried pretty much every supplement on the market (except this MCT oil) and none of them did nothing for me. Only Concerta helped.

I guess you're going to have to try it and see how it works for your son.