View Full Version : Anyone ever been on Strattera?

KentUnknown
01-18-15, 06:28 AM
For how long, what side effects did you have? I am about 2 weeks into my 40mg prescription. I was hoping to find some people who have been on this medication and what their experience was like, seeing as I believe it is the ONLY non stimulant on the market for ADHD.

So far I haven't had many side effects. The main one has been dry mouth, especially when working out or doing something active like sports. It is horrible at that time, but other then that, Strattera is helping me feel more comfortable in my own skin.

Look forward to hearing from you all!

psychopathetic
01-18-15, 07:41 AM
(((Kent)))

Glad it sounds like it's helping you.

I don't know anything about this med...but I am curious...
How often do you take this med? Is it just once daily? And have you been on it long enough to know how much of the day it's helping?
I know with my adderall (stimulant)...there's only a window of time where it's effective. Outside of that window and I'm a slug lol.

I was considering this med when I first went seeking a diagnosis, but my p-doc had other plans (thankfully! I'm quite pleased with my adderall).

Anyhow, just stopping by to send ya a e-(((hug))) and to tell ya I'm glad you've found something that's helping.
I hope it continues to help (maybe even more so than now) in your future!

...Oh, and there's also a sub section on these forums dedicated to strattera (I'm sure a mod will be along here soon to move this thread there)...I'll leave a link to it below...hopefully you can browse around and get some more insight there :)

CLICK HERE (http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=91)

And finally...Welcome to the forums man! :D

(((((((Bro Hug)))))))
lol :)

Raye
01-18-15, 09:56 AM
It sounds like this med is working out
pretty hood for u, glad to hear.

other non stimulant meds that I know of
are Clonidine and Intuitive.

I was on Straterra for a while, I didn't
like it, made me way too exhausted and
my stomach hurt so I was put on a stimulant.

best of luck.

KentUnknown
01-18-15, 04:45 PM
(((Kent)))

Glad it sounds like it's helping you.

I don't know anything about this med...but I am curious...
How often do you take this med? Is it just once daily? And have you been on it long enough to know how much of the day it's helping?
I know with my adderall (stimulant)...there's only a window of time where it's effective. Outside of that window and I'm a slug lol.

I was considering this med when I first went seeking a diagnosis, but my p-doc had other plans (thankfully! I'm quite pleased with my adderall).

Anyhow, just stopping by to send ya a e-(((hug))) and to tell ya I'm glad you've found something that's helping.
I hope it continues to help (maybe even more so than now) in your future!

...Oh, and there's also a sub section on these forums dedicated to strattera (I'm sure a mod will be along here soon to move this thread there)...I'll leave a link to it below...hopefully you can browse around and get some more insight there :)

CLICK HERE (http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=91)

And finally...Welcome to the forums man! :D

(((((((Bro Hug)))))))
lol :)

I take it once daily when I wake up, it is a nerepinephrine reuptake inhibitor, and it seems to help with my anxiety and stress levels, but as with any medication, it is you that has to make the changes. Seeing as it is not a stimulant they say it takes 4-6 weeks to see the benefits, and im 2 weeks in, and I already feel less stress about daily life. My planning for anything futuristic hasn't gotten better, but once I am up and doing something in the day I find that I have motivation to see it through.

Once I start working again I am sure I will have more to report, but for now, I am just happy I don't feel an impending sense of doom 24/7. Thanks for the reply you guys!

KentUnknown
01-18-15, 04:47 PM
Sorry it didn' work for you, but hopefulyl what you are using now is much better. I have found with reviews that a lot of people do not like the side effects, and quit early.
This is why I pushed through the first week and continued. The first week I literally had no appetite, it began to get very worrisome, but sure enough that has come back. I may not be eating 3 full meals a day, or 6 small meals, but at least I am eating SOMETHING now.
Anyways, it just seems people get scared off before the benefits kick in, either way, I am glad you have whats working for you Raye.

GRbiker
01-20-15, 09:27 PM
I took Strattera for about two years, and I won't go over why I stopped taking it, other than the price, because if you feel it's working well for you, you should keep it up.

While it did help me with my near-constant daydreaming, after about a year, it didn't help my concentration or focus that much. It did help me sleep better. My employer switched health insurance providers and the Strattera was going to be too expensive, and since it wasn't helping me all that much I decided to stop taking it.

I also switched to a different Pdoc fall of 2014, and he started me on a small dose of clonozapam for anxiety. I have recently switched to buproprion in place of the Strattera. When I stopped taking Strattera, I felt a little dizzy from time to time for about 4-5 days, then I felt pretty good, my head felt lighter, and with my anxiety under control, I thought I'd wait for a month or so before starting the buproprion to experience a new normal. After about a week on buproprion, things are going pretty good.

Good luck.

Ksera
01-31-15, 12:48 PM
I have been using Strattera since December of 2004(little over 10 years now). I have used many different doses through different stages of my life.

Here is a post I did awhile back that will give you some of my experience...

http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=834359#post834359

I am back on Strattera 60 mg and have been since I got off vyvanse. Works great, but if I could find a drug that was as effective w/o the sexual side effects, I would switch in a heartbeat.