View Full Version : Feeling sad.

Spotok
01-18-15, 12:44 PM
Hi there. My girlfriend of almost 1 year broke up with me just before christmas (she says that she doesn't love me like before anymore + she is going to another country for 3-4 years to study) and i feel so empty inside... I just can't imagine myself with another girl :( Any tips?

Abi
01-18-15, 03:52 PM
Welcome to addf.

Time bro, time. Nothing else works.

TygerSan
01-18-15, 03:58 PM
That sucks. Sucks even more to have it happen just before the holidays :(

To borrow a line from Finding Nemo: Just keep swimming.

Try establishing a routine, especially one that encourages you to be social in ways that you actually find somewhat fun. The only thing that got me out of bed after my last breakup was signing up for a swimming class that met 3X per week. Getting my mind focused on something else, even just for that hour, helped tremendously.

Also, let yourself grieve. Don't let anyone else tell you that what you're going through is trivial. It sucks. It will pass. You don't have to envision moving on quite yet. Relationships are funny things; they often catch us by surprise.

finallyfound10
01-19-15, 01:00 AM
Hi Spotok,

Welcome! I've been there too. It's horrific. Don't dwell on the pain. Get involved in activities to fill your time to not allow you to fall into ruminating. Talk to people who will empathize but also help you move forward.

Best of luck.

dvdnvwls
01-19-15, 01:30 AM
If you can't imagine yourself with another girl, then don't imagine it. Don't force yourself to feel or think anything, and don't force yourself to not feel or think anything either.

Do force yourself to participate in life. Get involved in things, talk, have friends. But allow your feelings and thoughts to be what they are.

rickymooston
03-08-15, 01:43 AM
Hi there. My girlfriend of almost 1 year broke up with me just before christmas (she says that she doesn't love me like before anymore + she is going to another country for 3-4 years to study) and i feel so empty inside... I just can't imagine myself with another girl :( Any tips?

Tips ...?

1. Talk to a friend?
2. Watch a good movie?
3. ice cream?
4. execersize/sports

Well any of these solve your loss? No. It sometimes really sucks but look
for as much positive as possible

Other girls? She'll find you when you are ready for her. At the moment,
you have to get over this one as best as you can and don't look for "her"
yet.

Been there btw. I know it sucks. :eyebrow: