View Full Version : I overthink everything I say

Leann8806
01-18-15, 10:09 PM
I mean, everything!
Did that sound dumb?
Will she take that offensively?
I even check Facebook to see if person unfriended me.

It's all like minor stuff too.
I drive myself crazy!

KentUnknown
01-18-15, 11:49 PM
I am the exact same way, I wish i knew why I ruminate over everything, even now typing this I am trying to word it right so I am not just sounding dumb, been typing this for like 5 minutes.

dvdnvwls
01-19-15, 12:04 AM
I am not that way, and I really struggle with trying to understand the situation.

However, I just had a semi-random thought, and I thought I would put it here in case I learn something: I know that I really do overthink, in a massive and debilitating way, with only certain things - such as filling in my own tax forms, preparing for a job interview, etc.

Do you think that my overthinking in what I view as high-stakes situations is the same problem as your overthinking in many situations? Or do they seem to be quite different things?

fosterthehuman
01-19-15, 06:21 AM
I'm like this too. Then afterwards I start regretting that I didn't say how I feel cause I too worried about if I would offend someone or not.

SB_UK
01-19-15, 10:16 AM
I mean, everything!
Did that sound dumb?
Will she take that offensively?
I even check Facebook to see if person unfriended me.

It's all like minor stuff too.
I drive myself crazy!

No - that's ADHD.

It's the reason why I try not to think ie be 'in the zone' ... in meditation - because I can't resolve any thought.
Thoughts are pointless - sit down and analyse any thought you come up with - you'll pick flaws in it.

Example - totally randomly chosen by looking at the title of the book closest to me ... ... ok ... ... 'bridge of spies'
- why would we want good spies ? what are you spying on ? who are you spying for ? why does nation exist ? if we were one nation under god - would there be any need for spies ?
No

Therefore whatever that book on spies is about is simply nonsense based on a faulty social structure which so called intelligent human beings support.

The point I'm making is that I invalidate by overthinking all considerations to the point that my conclusions are - form a society of equals and then fall into a relaxed daydream (ie dissociate from mind) into a 'beautiful place in the country'.

SB_UK
01-19-15, 10:36 AM
Why is overthinking ADHD ?
Simply - the mind is a representation of reality which itself is 1 interconnected real-time web or network.

The model therefore represents (when complete) an interconnected model of reality.

How do we have a thought and then consider a consequence without considering the totality of the web ?

It's a minefield - because one finds oneself unable to complete any thought ... ... and the only peace comes from accepting the overwhelming complexity of this 'evolving web' and attempting to synchronize within it ie fitting in rather than attempting to overcome nature ie going with the evol flow of increasing quality of life.

Increasing quality of life will invariably lead to a higher informational content of reality - which appears to be the general evolutionary trend.

Leann8806
01-19-15, 11:18 AM
I am the exact same way, I wish i knew why I ruminate over everything, even now typing this I am trying to word it right so I am not just sounding dumb, been typing this for like 5 minutes.

This is me too!

Leann8806
01-19-15, 11:35 AM
I am not that way, and I really struggle with trying to understand the situation.

However, I just had a semi-random thought, and I thought I would put it here in case I learn something: I know that I really do overthink, in a massive and debilitating way, with only certain things - such as filling in my own tax forms, preparing for a job interview, etc.

Do you think that my overthinking in what I view as high-stakes situations is the same problem as your overthinking in many situations? Or do they seem to be quite different things?

I obsess over things like that to an extent, but not in a bad way if that makes sense? I enjoy planning things (vacations, my daughter's birthday party) and working on my budget. I hyper focus on them I guess because I find it enjoyable. I can't focus on anything else, even when I'm at work. Ok so maybe it is bad but it feels enjoyable to me. Lol

What causes me grief is that I obsess over interactions with people, especially people i don't know all that well. People I haven't "figured out" yet. For example, this lady who is a new friend of the family, came over to visit last night. We were talking about my lack of a job and she asked me if I applied at her husband's job yet, because he would put in a good word for me. I hadn't, simply because I tried to do it on my phone but couldn't and then I just kind of forgot about it. It's kind of a long way to drive and I've been focusing on jobs that are closer to where I live.

So she asks me and I say "no, it won't let me do it on my phone." She says "oh well I have a computer, just come on over." I say nothing because I'm panicking. I don't feel comfortable just going over to her house. I'd somehow feel like I'm intruding? I don't know. So then the subject changes and she's talking to my roommate and I'm sitting there just obsessing. I blurt out, "another reason I didn't apply is because there are several positions that are open and I forgot which one you said to apply for." She just looks all confused, then like, leaves.

I just kept thinking, "she probably thinks I am so ungrateful. She and her husband are trying to help me and I haven't even gotten around to applying yet. "

So I start running at the mouth to my roommate... She says "oh you think of the craziest things to worry about" and brushes it off. And that is my life. Lol