View Full Version : Who do you most admire?

midnightstar
01-28-15, 05:52 PM
Who do you most admire (anyone at all, celebrities, other members of this forum, people in your real life, it could be anyone)

Once you've said who you most admire, post what it says about the member above you who they chose, e.g. if say for example I said I most admire Mr. Blobby from the TV you could say that it shows that I'm still clinging onto my childhood and don't want to be an adult (this is just an example so you can see what this thread's about)

Please keep it PG rated though, if you post a reason for admiring the person. :thankyou:

One of the people I most admire is my mum because she's been through a heck of a lot in her life (can't go into details) but she still finds the strength to do as much as she possibly can for others despite the fact she's got bad arthritis and finds it hard to do a lot :)

Flory
01-28-15, 08:16 PM
Aww thats a lovely post, star.

I have a lot of people i admire and respect and look up to.
There are a lot of women and men here i have massive respect for (this isnt everyone) but of course miss sarahsweets she has struggled with a lot and is a fantastic mother, supportive! Appreciate her friendship big time, Stef always been so supportive and encouraging, lunacie seriously the lov and support she gives to her family and grandchildren despite her own shortcomings is admirable , you rock luna, salleh, she helped me learn to accept myself im in awe of her resiliance and she has some fantastic life experiences, really helped me accept myself, ginnie, i miss her big time wish she would come back, abi, mctavish, rebelyell, raye, sirschmidt, unmanageable....ahhh so many more would be unfair to miss people (im bad at lists) you too star youre kind and supportive to people here. Sorry for all the countless people ive missed, this community continues to be a place i feel at home. I have honestly grown so much and learnt better self acceptance couldnt have done it without each and every one of you xx

Im the same as you with my mum she raised me with all of my problems (i was a horrible kid) battling major depression, then later on cancer, major surgeries. After my dad left her she did the best she could to support me and be strong for me. I couldnt ever put into words how much i love her.

One of my best friends anna who has been through the hardest life and reached her hand out to me when i was homeless and had nowhere to go. Ill never forget her.

Ahhh, everyone here. Youre all amazing ! Love you guys

midnightstar
01-29-15, 09:42 AM
Flory - the number of people you named in the post suggests that you see a lot of qualities in other people that you admire, I think you already have all those qualities though :grouphug:

I admire Lunacie and sarek because they give so much to other people (they're another two I wanted to name but wanted to keep it to one person per post so it's easier to say what that says about whoever named names in the post)

What does it say about me (naming the people I've mentioned in my 2 posts in this thread) :grouphug:

Andi
01-29-15, 01:37 PM
Andrew. Yeah, yeah he's my bff but the man impresses me on so many levels and I truly wish I could be more like him. His insight and forwarding thinking and the ability to process so quickly...amazing. He's so intelligent. His professionalism and experiences and knowledge...wow. Amazing guy.

For people here...I really appreciate my staff. They're all so amazing in many ways, bringing their own gifts to the team and their ability to work with members and promote our mission. I wish I had the bandwidth and ability to care about and help as many people as they do. They all have a great capacity for compassion and will always listen and be your champion and confidant.

Within my family it's my grandparents. They were so worldly and very similar to Andrew. Great insight, forward thinking, desire and capacity to learn and discover. Great sources of information and strength. Really do miss the hell out of them. Think often how I wish I could call and get their perspective.

TygerSan
01-29-15, 02:08 PM
I'm gonna go all crazy sappy (and I hate going crazy sappy), but I admire everyone here.

It takes a kind of courage to come into an internet forum filled with strangers (however kindred spirits we might be) and bare witness to some of our biggest weaknesses and shortcomings. We certainly aren't all the same, but this has got to be one of the most supportive communities I've been a part of.

midnightstar
01-29-15, 05:43 PM
I'm gonna go all crazy sappy (and I hate going crazy sappy), but I admire everyone here.

It takes a kind of courage to come into an internet forum filled with strangers (however kindred spirits we might be) and bare witness to some of our biggest weaknesses and shortcomings. We certainly aren't all the same, but this has got to be one of the most supportive communities I've been a part of.

I think it's actually easier to talk about how we're all feeling on a forum rather than on facebook, because on facebook I know from experience people can find out what you say then it causes a crapload of trouble, whereas here no-one can know for certain that it's you posting, all they know is the username and possibly the country they live in :grouphug:

Greyhound1
01-29-15, 08:16 PM
I admire so many people. Way too many to name. I admire any great accomplishments by people. I admire all of us here and as a forum for so many accomplishments. This place has taught me more about myself and disorders in a short time than I had realized after decades without you all and your experiences. Thank you all.

Just to be topic specific, I admire my ADHD diagnosing Dr. the most. She made a great accomplishment for me by improving my life. I love her for that and hug her at each visit. She did what many experts never could or even considered.

She totally transformed my life for the better. After 45 years of issues and the last 12 seeking help, she took the time to really listen to me and my issues. She was able to put together all the weird or odd pieces of me and suspected ADHD after 5 mins. of just letting me talk. I admire anyone that can and does change others lives for the better when it's needed and deserved. That's a real angel to me.

Lunacie
01-29-15, 09:28 PM
I know I'm copying TygerSan, but I admire everyone who comes here and
has the courage to reveal their flaws, and still support each other.

But the first names I think of are Dizfriz and McTavish for sharing so much
wisdom over the years. And Namazu falls in that category as well.

I think of Midnightstar for being so caring and cheerful,
despite the difficulties in her life. She lights up the forum.

And I admire Abi for being open enough to change his mind about me. :D

dvdnvwls
01-29-15, 10:09 PM
I think of different people in different ways for this topic - I'm not sure I know how to choose just one "person who I most admire". This forum as a whole, and a number of the individuals on it, I admire for forming a kind of "home base" for me and for others, a place where mutual understanding and support for ADHDers are normal instead of exceptional.

In every sense I admire my friend BellaVita, who is beside me right now and probably writing a post elsewhere on the forum. :) She has essentially started her life over again, under massive stress and without the slightest support of her family, turning away from an existence that was oppressive and abusive in far too many ways and toward a much more promising future, and is doing so with a grace and balance that might hardly be thought possible under the circumstances.

My thoughts and feelings for her aren't covered simply by "admiration", but it's one component of them at least. :) (We've been a couple for a while now, and I've never been so happy in my life.) I've also never been so proud of someone's accomplishments or so happy to call anyone a friend, and I'm glad that she seems similarly happy. :)

Greyhound1
01-29-15, 11:17 PM
I think of different people in different ways for this topic - I'm not sure I know how to choose just one "person who I most admire". This forum as a whole, and a number of the individuals on it, I admire for forming a kind of "home base" for me and for others, a place where mutual understanding and support for ADHDers are normal instead of exceptional.

In every sense I admire my friend BellaVita, who is beside me right now and probably writing a post elsewhere on the forum. :) She has essentially started her life over again, under massive stress and without the slightest support of her family, turning away from an existence that was oppressive and abusive in far too many ways and toward a much more promising future, and is doing so with a grace and balance that might hardly be thought possible under the circumstances.

My thoughts and feelings for her aren't covered simply by "admiration", but it's one component of them at least. :) (We've been a couple for a while now, and I've never been so happy in my life.) I've also never been so proud of someone's accomplishments or so happy to call anyone a friend, and I'm glad that she seems similarly happy. :)

You both should be admired. Bella has gone through so much and continues to overcome so many issues. I don't know how she does it while remaining the coolest and most fun around.

DVD, you are admirable for all the help and care you have provided for her. Thank you.

sarahsweets
01-30-15, 06:27 AM
its a recipe. A little bit of snark every now and then,much wisdom,patience,love and support. Combined with humor= the people here.