View Full Version : 36mg to 54mg. Pros/Cons??

finallyfound10
01-30-15, 10:21 PM
I was on 54mg years ago with Prozac and my then pdoc decreased it to 36mg and Zoloft.

I lost a lot of weight with 54mg which I needed to do so it was good but I still had organizational/time management/procrastination issues on it and didn't notice a worsening of them on 36mg.

I'm thinking of going back to 54mg to help get those issues under control at work. Maybe 36mg to 54mg would do the trick.

Maybe I should try another med completely?

ZehRed
02-09-15, 05:09 PM
I would go to 54mg for maximum effectiveness unless you're losing a lot of weight. It should be 1mg/kg of body weight.

dvdnvwls
02-09-15, 06:20 PM
It is generally recognized that body-weight-related dosages for stimulants are not valid.

finallyfound10
02-23-15, 06:43 PM
No, I don't really care about the weight loss/gain and didn't before either. I'm mean, it was a nice side-effect, don't get me wrong!

I'm far more interested in and in need of, what the med/dosage can do for me.

dvdnvwls
02-23-15, 06:50 PM
Procrastination is one of the things that most people seem to agree is not helped by any dosage of any med. Sadly, while lack of ability to follow through and finish a project is part of ADHD, it seems that procrastination is a personal choice. That might sound heretical for someone who has ADHD himself to be saying, but I'm pretty sure it's true.

If you've tried 36 and you've tried 54 and the 36 was no better and no worse, then go for the 36. Don't take extra for no benefit.