View Full Version : Abilify and Concerta

USMC
01-31-15, 07:25 PM
Does anyone have any experience taking Abilify and Concerta with each other? I'm not having any luck. The Abilify is working for my mood disorder symptoms but the Concerta doesn't seem to be working at all and the doctor has raised the dose to 54 mg at this point. I've done some research and know that some antipsychotics can cause stimulants to not work as well. I just don't know about Abilify. I don't know if it's that or if Concerta is just not a good match for me. Any insight?

InvitroCanibal
02-17-15, 11:47 AM
I took abilify recently with my add meds (adderall). I voluntarily asked my doc if I may try this combination.

I found that abilify completely blocked my add meds effectiveness. It was pretty terrible. On top of that my add meds induced a headache as though the two were at war with eachother.

karbouris
02-20-15, 05:04 PM
Im not sure whyd they have you on abilify for bipolar. I find antiphyschotics useless for bipolar. Lamictil is actually the first line of treatment per my pysch LPN. If Lamictil doesnt work maybe you could try something else in the anticonvulsant class. I used to be on Seroquel and it did the same. I was on tegratol and found it absolutely nuked my bipolar and didnt hinder the stimulants effective ness. :)