View Full Version : How does one cope....?

Pheonix
02-19-15, 06:44 PM
How does one cope....??

When they wont see the picture...understand how their behaviour impacts the household / me...

When you try and say how it is / feels with their outbursts....

At wits end...

Pilgrim
02-20-15, 04:03 AM
It's hard. I've got ADD. And the other person I live with does. Sometimes we just avoid each other.

BellaVita
02-20-15, 04:15 AM
Is your partner getting their ADHD treated?

sarahsweets
02-20-15, 05:38 AM
I second what Bella said. Untreated adhd is very hard to deal with.

bldt
02-24-15, 02:18 PM

I would go a little further and say treated adhd is hard to deal with.Untreated adhd is impossible to deal with.

Flory
02-24-15, 03:07 PM
It sounds like you are at your whits end.

Being supportive and having somebody with adhd I n your life can be difficult (I'm the difficult one in my families life) it's inportant to maintain your sanity whilst not chastising them for things that are out of their control. That doesn't mean having no limits to what you'll out up with or allowing your needs to be walked all over though. You are just as important as are your feelings and needs.

You need to make sure you are being kind to yourself too and doing things that make you happy and contented so you can be stronger and better able to cope with the labyrinth of doom that is adhd :(

dvdnvwls
02-24-15, 07:12 PM
How does one cope....??

When they wont see the picture...understand how their behaviour impacts the household / me...

When you try and say how it is / feels with their outbursts....

At wits end...

There are a lot of ways to look at this; you need all of them.

But right now, here is the most important thing for you:

The ADHDer's behaviour is not by choice.

After you know that, and know it right through to your bones, then you can afford to start talking about other things that might help.

eclectic beagle
02-24-15, 07:31 PM

You can say that again.