View Full Version : Remeron and headaches

iamthenop
02-20-15, 12:29 PM
I've been on Vyvanse 50mg for a couple months now and I still have trouble sleeping from time to time so my doctor wrote me up for a low dosage of Remeron.

The first two days were great. I slept in like a baby but on the third day I started waking up with some killer headaches that start going away after I pop a percocet (left over from when i broke my arm).

The headaches persisted for a few days and I even had to call in sick twice. I gave up on them over the weekend and the headaches finally stopped two days after I stopped taking them.

Wiki says this isn't common and I'm wondering if it might even be the cold weather we've been having. It's been just about as cold this week as it was last week though so I don't know...

sarahsweets
02-21-15, 06:16 AM
I know a lot of people take remeron for sleep but its a NaSSA or TeCA which are acronyms for a very long description of what the drug acts on in the brain. Its not a sleeping med or a benzo, it happens to have a side effect of sleepiness along with increased appetite which is why a ot of doctors give it as a sleep aide. Personally I would rather take a sleep med intended for only sleep then screw with all of those fancy receptors.