View Full Version : Celexa experiences and/or advice

MusiciansWish
03-04-15, 11:57 AM
Hi!

My doctor prescribed me Celexa for my anxiety disorder. I had to switch from Zoloft to Celexa due to irregular bleeding that was caused by the Zoloft (it started when I started taking the Zoloft and stopped after quitting the medication.) and constant arousal that was also caused by it. Not to mention, Zoloft raised my blood pressure.

At this current time, I haven't started taking my Celexa because i'm afraid of the side effects. My anxiety is keeping me from taking the Celexa. I was prescribed twenty mg of celexa. For the first week I take half of a pill and then move up to a whole pill. I take this while I am taking the Methylphenidate ER.

I'm too anxious to start my anti-depressant...I'm worried about side effects. On the Zoloft I developed facial twitches, bodily twitching, irregular bleeding, constant yawning, tiredness, and nausea. My biggest concern is the twitching, which seemed to be worse on the anti depressant. I never had anything go wrong with my face until I started Zoloft and that went away after I stopped the medication. I worry that it's going to happen with the Celexa. Having facial twitching is really embarrassing as well as worrying. Never got it on Ritalin to that extent (The facial twitching on Zoloft was awful.) Only Zoloft did it.

So what are some of your experiences on Celexa? Any supplements that I can take to combat the twitching from Anti-Depressants? Any other tips for someone who's new to anti-depressants?

MusiciansWish
03-10-15, 12:26 AM
Anyone? :(

Corina86
03-10-15, 03:53 PM
I only too escitalopram (brand names: Cipralex, Lexapro) and it was awful, so I never took another SSRI again. I'm on a beta-blocker now (also have elevated blood pressure) and it's better for my anxiety that anything else. The thing is, we all have different bodies and brains and what works for one person doesn't work the same for another. It's a trial and error process to find the right meds/combination of meds. The good part is that there are lots of alternatives. There are no supplements for twitching, unfortunately.

MusiciansWish
04-20-15, 09:43 PM
I only too escitalopram (brand names: Cipralex, Lexapro) and it was awful, so I never took another SSRI again. I'm on a beta-blocker now (also have elevated blood pressure) and it's better for my anxiety that anything else. The thing is, we all have different bodies and brains and what works for one person doesn't work the same for another. It's a trial and error process to find the right meds/combination of meds. The good part is that there are lots of alternatives. There are no supplements for twitching, unfortunately.

I'm on Lexapro right now and....Yeah, I agree...it's awful. It made me feel high as well as increased my libido to uncomfortable heights. I might give medications a rest while I am ahead.