View Full Version : Learning

PolaBear
03-06-15, 07:17 PM
Hey people.

Does anyone find that if they are learning something, it can have an effect on what they do and who they are day to day? Got an Italian app on my Ipad and have started to play some games on it, only been two days. Yet the effect it's had in terms of taking stuff in etc, means that socially and big picture/mindset thinking, iv now lost my way a bit, and feel more open.

At school I knew nothing about ADhD, and wasn't a disruptive sort, but disliked authority and restrictions (still do), but could take things in and did ok with grades, having a big imagination. Looking back though, socially and with others I was all over the place, overtalking, anxious, a real mess, and a lot of that maybe came from all the ever changing information I was getting every day, it wasn't that I was doing the work to progress, I was just doing it to occupy if that makes sense. By when it came to structuring it into something I wanted/goals etc it didn't happen, I just got through it to move on.

The mood I'm in now for example I couldn't see someone and talk about ADHD or feelings, it would just be an overtalking view of things with no calm to it and no balance. Could maybe talk some Italian though. Grazie.

PolaBear
03-07-15, 06:19 PM
Any thoughts on this, in the few days iv been doing this it's taken my completely out of control character wise. It's as if iv open a door in my mind to learn, but it then takes away the social side of it, and leave me without "who I am". Guess it would be outside my comfort zone, but then also have to have it together!

rickymooston
03-08-15, 01:36 AM
Hey people.
Does anyone find that if they are learning something, it can have an effect on what they do and who they are day to day?

Yes. ;).

Got an Italian app on my Ipad and have started to play some games on it, only been two days. Yet the effect it's had in terms of taking stuff in etc, means that socially and big picture/mindset thinking, iv now lost my way a bit, and feel more open.

Bueno! (Is that right.) Well, don't start learning German. ;) Seriously this
sounds positive!

And big picture is me too btw.

Corina86
03-08-15, 11:43 AM
I think this is a hyperfocus thing or an obsessive interest thing. I get that too sometimes- I become so interested in something that everything else becomes dumb, boring or useless. Then I forget about my that thing altogether. School and work are also stuff I did/am doing because I have to do them, but I just sit there and wait for the day to end- it's not a healthy approach, I just can't seem to get any motivation/ambition. I hope you keep up with Italian though, because it's a beautiful language.

stef
03-08-15, 02:34 PM
I think it's positive to be super focused on learning or studying something! I really miss that, hasn't happened for a while.

PolaBear
03-09-15, 07:51 PM
Even though in everything else I'm losing it?

Also get hit by the doubts as well, (how is this going to help me, what if I lose my edge, what iv I lose all iv built in my mind past year or so, my character etc etc)

Had this with the gym once, got doubts like what if I get too big, what if I look different, what is the point, what if I lose my humour (I know!), what if I lose my creativity. Think it's a change thing and something not in my control, if that makes sense.

Yeh Im messed up.

PolaBear
03-09-15, 07:51 PM
Motivation/ambition are a big thing for me too, things say that if you picture it you can do it, I get 5000 pictures an hour!

PolaBear
03-16-15, 07:01 PM
Haven't posted on here for a while, and it's all down to using the Italian app I have been. It's like if one thing is present in your mind, it takes over the rest and can leave you struggling in other areas, like there is no balance. I haven't ficused or been following my "truth" as much at all since starting this, but the. If this is how it's going to be picking up any skill or learning without it being random learning will never happen.

I can now though do Italian basics and Food :)

PolaBear
03-16-15, 07:10 PM
Ain't good though in the way that iv learned loads on here and don't want that part of things compromised.

someothertime
03-17-15, 07:12 AM
yup. assimilate / extend / structure.... mostly that i think... the external orientation side of things...

the switch is very interesting indeed.... 1000% vs -1000% though this whole of life effect is extremely notable.