View Full Version : Magnesium Taurate + Dexedrine

Jenn1202
03-11-15, 03:34 AM
I take chelated magnesium citrate 400 mg every night, but sometimes I get diarrhea from it. I'm thinking of switching to magnesium taurate because I've heard that it's not a laxative. As far as I know certain forms of magnesium interact with dexedrine (e.g. magnesium oxide). Does magnesium taurate interact with dexedrine? Can I take it at night (around 6 hours after my last dose of dexedrine)? Does anyone else take magnesium?

sarek
03-11-15, 03:46 AM
If you need magnesium supplementation (and most people do, without realising) then may I recommend you apply this transdermally? Ingesting magnesium orally can lead to various digestive problems and in addition it is barely effective.

You can easily obtain magnesium chloride solution in bottles and apply that to your skin. It will be absorbed and it will then either be useful locally (if there is a local deficiency, which you will know by the stinging sensation) or it will be transported by the body to wherever it is needed.

Its just about impossible to overdose on magnesium chloride.

Razzic
03-15-15, 02:58 AM
I take chelated magnesium citrate 400 mg every night, but sometimes I get diarrhea from it. I'm thinking of switching to magnesium taurate because I've heard that it's not a laxative. As far as I know certain forms of magnesium interact with dexedrine (e.g. magnesium oxide). Does magnesium taurate interact with dexedrine? Can I take it at night (around 6 hours after my last dose of dexedrine)? Does anyone else take magnesium?

Magnesium glycinate / lysinate chelate is what you want. You can find it pretty cheap in the Doctors Best brand. 240 Tablets (altho **** to swallow because of their shape) is really economical and easy on your digestive system, I can take 2 twice a day no problem at all.

The other alternative is NOW brand Magnesium Malate. Also fantastic (used to take it prior to this one) one tab 3 times a day.

http://www.naturalnews.com/z046401_magnesium_dietary_supplements_nutrient_abs orption.html

Pretty good list and pretty spot on about what they say.

FocusPocus10
03-20-15, 04:14 PM
If you need magnesium supplementation (and most people do, without realising) then may I recommend you apply this transdermally? Ingesting magnesium orally can lead to various digestive problems and in addition it is barely effective.

You can easily obtain magnesium chloride solution in bottles and apply that to your skin. It will be absorbed and it will then either be useful locally (if there is a local deficiency, which you will know by the stinging sensation) or it will be transported by the body to wherever it is needed.

Its just about impossible to overdose on magnesium chloride.

Take a bath in magnesium salt is amazing too. Very relaxing and definitely good for your skin too.

Cotter67
05-17-15, 01:18 PM
whens the best time to take these and how many?

sarahsweets
05-18-15, 01:37 AM
I take chelated magnesium at night for sleep.

Pilgrim
05-18-15, 02:07 AM
Get the spray on one. Health food shop. Take as much as you need.

Cotter67
05-18-15, 08:53 AM
I take chelated magnesium at night for sleep.

I find drinking a lot of orange juice at night helps with the crash as obviously helps flush out the dex, im getting some magnesium this week, how many do you take at night?

sarahsweets
05-20-15, 04:38 AM
I find drinking a lot of orange juice at night helps with the crash as obviously helps flush out the dex, im getting some magnesium this week, how many do you take at night?

Unless you drink OJ right after you take the med or all day, vitamin c does not flush it out, I take what the bottle says, which is one at night. I have a great website that I order from which has all kind of variations for what kinds or vitamins and types you need, I dont deal with big box stores when it comes to vitamins.