View Full Version : being nervous most of the time.

picard
03-15-15, 11:35 AM
I have a problem with being nervousnes.

Is being nervous a symptom of depression? Does anyone have issue with nervousness?

Greyhound1
03-15-15, 12:02 PM
I do as well. They say most anxiety is related to depression. I am not sure because I have never had a problem with depression but lots of anxiety. I know for me untreated Adhd caused the most anxiety.

stef
03-15-15, 12:06 PM
It's not always bad, if I'm in a good mood I can be kind of " nervous excited".
Anxious, is generally never very good....

BellaVita
03-15-15, 01:10 PM
I am nervous lots during the day, but it's not related to depression for me.

But I *can* feel nervous when I am sometimes depressed.

@stef I get the "excited nervous" too. I don't like it all the time though cuz sometimes it gets too much for me to handle, then my thoughts start to race...

KentUnknown
03-15-15, 02:10 PM
Always, I always feel I have done something wrong, or am about to, and even when I don't, I second guess myself. It sucks.

picard
03-15-15, 02:29 PM
when I feel nervous, I tend to stutter during a conversation.

Fuzzy12
03-15-15, 03:07 PM
Sounds more like anxiety rather than depression to me and I think you can be anxious without being depressed but long term severe anxiety probably leads to depression.

Depression can make anxiety more likely as well though, as can ADHD.

willow129
03-15-15, 05:58 PM

Is being nervous a symptom of depression? Does anyone have issue with nervousness?

Hell yes I have a problem with nervousness.

I think it can be a symptom of depression, or it can be a thing on it's own. Or it can be from ADHD...

Some have Generalized Anxiety Disorder...

willow129
03-15-15, 05:59 PM
A thought: Exercise helps, and yoga/meditation made me feel waaay more relaxed when I used to go.

Also chamomile tea seems to help as well.

BellaVita
03-15-15, 08:03 PM
A thought: Exercise helps, and yoga/meditation made me feel waaay more relaxed when I used to go.

Also chamomile tea seems to help as well.

If it's a severe anxiety disorder, the chamomile tea is useless. :)

ahmeda
04-07-15, 02:25 AM

Can be. I am jittery all day long, but I am not depressed. I think it is the ADD-part in me. Nervousness has come down a lot after I have found a cozy and interesting work (after a roller coaster job). Lately, surprisingly, Mg-supplement has calmed me also.

And of course I train like mad, which calms also.

Overkill
04-08-15, 02:28 AM
Possibly.
If you use a lot of will power to "overcome" or "avoid" your anxiety then you can burn out mentally and physically and now hit a type of depression.
In many cases anxiety and depression can be two sides of the same coin.

Good doses of forgiveness, acceptance and courage with yourself and with others somehow or in someway daily can be beneficial if you give it an honest shot.
Like brushing your teeth though, has to be done at least once a day, and a little more is even better.

Abi
04-08-15, 08:01 AM
Sounds like GAD. TRY klonopin

hg12345
04-08-15, 10:21 AM
Maybe try to pinpoint when exactly u feel nervous. It sounds like anxiety and if it's gad then u might just anxious abt different tasks during the day....
For example, if u have a hard time sticking to a schedule and ur always late, it can cause u to be anxious all day

oceanwild
07-17-15, 02:47 AM
there is one method that doing work out to cool down the nervous system. another way is take the supplement 5htp or green tea extract. both of them r good for human and reduce anxiety,