View Full Version : Calm but no focus

thecloak
03-17-15, 11:48 PM
Hi -

I've had a whirlwind of trouble finding the right medication. Apparently I'm a "highly sensitive person" when it comes to medication... arg.

Currently on 40MG of Strattera, it's been 2 months.. it's the first time in my life that I don't have that motor feeling, needing to move all the time.. I'm a little sleepy and calm all day which is not the worst.

but I still have NO focus..

Did anyone feel this at the 40MG stage... I tried to go up to 50MG for a day and I felt really agitated...

Sometimes I take Adderall with it... While I get "things done" I can't get any creative artistic or thoughtful writing done .. it's like I can't think the same in an exploratory way with a stimulant..

Any thoughts.. Should I try to add more Strattera to see if it helps me focus if it has not so far..

sarahsweets
03-18-15, 04:50 AM
Thecloak- Im just curious.....why diid your doc start you on straterra? Is it because stimulants failed? Stimulants are generally considered a first line treatment for adhd.

astrolabio
03-18-15, 04:09 PM
I think straterra wont help on focus, just to keep people tired .
in on 60mg and same, im calm but still cant focus.-

thecloak
03-18-15, 04:40 PM
sarahsweets: (hi love!) stimulants were keeping me up at night... I would have a beautiful 1-3 hours and then I would feel like a zombie the rest of the day.. and I've tried many different dosages etc

astrolabio: "just to keep people tired" Whatcha mean? Yea it makes me a bit tired..

Fuzzy12
03-18-15, 05:54 PM
If I remember right I think strattera primarily helps more with hyperactivity and impulsivity than with focus but I guess being calmer might indirectly help with focus.

Have you tried other stimulants apart from adderall?

thecloak
03-18-15, 10:02 PM
Yes I have,

Mostly in the d-amp area ... I tried ritalin a long time ago, haven't in a while.. i might try it for one day again..