View Full Version : Best benzo to combine with dex?

ak2146
03-29-15, 01:54 PM
Hi all,

What is the best benzo to combine with dex to control the anxiety that I get from dex? A combination that would see me go through my day in a RATIONAL state and get on with my tasks without excessive sedation and/or anxiety? I would appreciate your experiences.

Regards,

ak2146.

sarahsweets
03-30-15, 04:24 AM
I think if your anxiety is the result of dex then you need to lower your dex not add a benzo.

Spektur
04-13-15, 12:43 PM
Ativan works best for me. It doesn't hinder the effects of Dexedrine and adderall as much as others I've tried. Yah, the wrong benzo would be counterproductive. Like I tried Klonopin with my Dexedrine and adderall and was completely useless all day. It was too intrusive, regardless of dosage, Klonopin overpowered the amphetamines. Ativan compliments them better.

omygaudio
04-13-15, 08:59 PM
Adding a benzo just to deal with anxiety on dexedrine is potentially habit forming and not sustainable. You are playing with fire. If a lower dexedrine dose does not work for you and you think the primary cause of this anxiety is adrenergic in nature you should speak to your doctor about adding a central acting Alpha A2A agonist sympatholytic (e.g. Guanfacine).

FocusPocus10
04-16-15, 12:31 PM
Klonopin is fine. Valium as well. I felt valiums long half life lead to a buildup and made me tired so klonopin wins.

Maurice
04-16-15, 12:40 PM
Klonopin is worthless to me. Valium 5mg 3 X day prn does the trick with my Adderall XR. Mostly to get more than two or three hours of sleep per night. I might talk to my doctor about changing to Ativan. Valium is ancient and I believe that Ativan is cleaner.

ampakine
04-17-15, 09:46 AM
Etizolam is the best one I've come across. Although etizolam is as sedating as they come. Temazepam is milder. Its all about dosage though, a high dose of any benzo will be sedating.