View Full Version : Pooping-out Anti Depressants

Hathor
04-04-15, 02:23 AM
I was on effexor for about 3 years, responded very well at first but they seemed to weaken around 1-2 years and upping the dose only seemed to increase side effects.

about 4 years ago I tried Celexa and it did jack, so I went back on effexor and it did something, but probably only about 25% of what it did the first time.

Now I think of trying something else - I am social anxiety with some SCT stuff and effexor helped both of those.

Paxil, Cymbalta, pristiq? of course I am going to ask a doctor, but would like to learn some options first

BellaVita
04-04-15, 06:01 AM
You're pooping out antidepressants? :eek:

Hathor
04-04-15, 10:24 AM
all the time, but they are pooping out on me too :confused:

Unmanagable
04-04-15, 11:22 AM
Wellbutrin was the only thing that seemed to effectively help me the longest, with milder side effects than all the others I tried (effexor, cymbalta, and I can't recall all the rest at the moment), but that only lasted about a year-ish.

Then I read articles regarding the possible dangers of wellbutrin at higher doses, like they had prescribed to me, 150 mg twice a day, and decided to go off of that, along with the ambien they were overdosing me with (safe dose for females is 5mg, they had me at 10 mg for over 2 years), and I'm currently working on taking myself completely off of adderall, too. My body does not function well when I take all of the above, alone or together (all have been under the close supervision of my doc), even if my brain does benefit.

I still have major depressive episodes, but don't seem to get comfortable and live there as long as I used to. I'm using the neurofeedback machine, also, so that may have a lot to do with the smoother than usual transition off of meds. Sorry.......that got a lot longer than I meant for it to be. Hope it's helpful.

Hathor
04-04-15, 12:51 PM
thanks holmes, I am glad you got some use out of it :)

But I have tried it and had issues.

But first a side note - when I tried celexa and effexor again 4 years ago I read up on Wellbutrin too. I saw it was used for ADHD, so I followed the wiki link from Wellbutrin to ADHD, then ADHD-I

My jaw was on the ground for a few weeks. They had been spying on my whole life to make this adhd-i wiki page - my whole life I had thought one must be bouncing off the walls to have ADHD.

You well know my stories of the complex ptsd where I can still hear them laughing in skool at what a lazy failure I am.

But if I am so lazy how come I got the man on my *** so fast once I started getting interested in 'education'? :scratch:

http://www.achieve.org/contributors

nice babysitting service guys, how is the arms business? making a killing as usual?

sorry it is my special interest now ;)

But yes I tried wellbutrin and it had a strange effect, no problems at first, hardly any sides.

but at around 3 weeks when it should have started working, it instead made me a zombie who could not even operate a browser.

I would go to hit the back button and close the window instead and stuff like that. There are some threads way back here where a few others had similar experience.

Anyway thanks for the response and sorry to take you back to SKOOK again :o

ah yes I should look into the feedback - any help from that besides the possible easy transition off the meds?

Smashachu
08-24-15, 03:01 AM
I know it's a very old thread, but patients with adhd often get diagnosed with social anxiety, when Generally it's associated with the intolerant sub type of ADHD. Where there's so many people around you that you can't "Examine" or control it all and you feel overwhelmed. That's the type i have atleast.