View Full Version : Cannot locate Mallinckrodt generic Dexedrine. Only effective brand for me.

~DanaBee~
04-07-15, 01:46 PM
Hello everyone,

I have recently discovered, through much research, the manufacturer named Mallinckrodt that makes the best generic 10 mg immediate release dexedrine that I have ever taken. Before finding this manufacturer, I had reached a brick wall when it came to my medication. It just plainly seemed to stop working for me. After reading about Mallinckrodt dex's and locating them at Costco, I tried it out and the difference was like night and day.

This medication is very smooth and clean feeling. I even found that I was able to reduce my dosage per day while taking Mallinckrodt brand. I felt my problem had been solved. To my dismay, I have not been able to find this particular manufacturer again. I have called countless pharmacies, emailed the Mallinckrodt company themselves, and even called them and spoke with them personally in an attempt to locate a way to get my prescription through this manufacturer... all to no avail! I am very discouraged because I have truly seemed to lose close to all of the benefit of my dexedrine with ALL other brands I have tried.

I don't want to switch medications as I have already taken ritalin, adderall, and vyvanse with each of these medications giving me anxiety due to unwanted ingredients that Dexedrine does not contain. Has anyone else found Mallinckrodt to be the most effective for them? Do any of you have some insight as to how I could obtain Mallinckrodt dexedrines? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

~DanaBee~

rickymooston
04-07-15, 09:38 PM
As an unmedicated person with adhd-pi and with a grade 10 biology background, I still think you really should be discussing
the ineffectiveness of the other medication and your preference for this one with your doctor.

Your doctor should monitor your medication effectiveness and should be able to help
you track the other medication, if its' available.

All this is perscribed medication and protocols exist.

Best wishes. Hope you find this one or another with similar minimun side effects

Greyhound1
04-07-15, 10:24 PM
Hello everyone,
I have recently discovered, through much research, the manufacturer named Mallinckrodt that makes the best generic 10 mg immediate release dexedrine that I have ever taken. Before finding this manufacturer, I had reached a brick wall when it came to my medication. It just plainly seemed to stop working for me. After reading about Mallinckrodt dex's and locating them at Costco, I tried it out and the difference was like night and day. This medication is very smooth and clean feeling. I even found that I was able to reduce my dosage per day while taking Mallinckrodt brand. I felt my problem had been solved. To my dismay, I have not been able to find this particular manufacturer again. I have called countless pharmacies, emailed the Mallinckrodt company themselves, and even called them and spoke with them personally in an attempt to locate a way to get my prescription through this manufacturer... all to no avail! I am very discouraged because I have truly seemed to lose close to all of the benefit of my dexedrine with ALL other brands I have tried. I don't want to switch medications as I have already taken ritalin, adderall, and vyvanse with each of these medications giving me anxiety due to unwanted ingredients that Dexedrine does not contain. Has anyone else found Mallinckrodt to be the most effective for them? Do any of you have some insight as to how I could obtain Mallinckrodt dexedrines? Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance,
~DanaBee~

I get Mallinckrodt from Publix grocery store. You have to be careful because this medication is confusing even to so called professionals. You NEED to be prescribed dextroamphetamine 10mg. if you are looking for IR.

Dexedrine (Brand name) no longer comes in an IR tablet form. The generic is dextroamphetamine from Mallinckrodt which does.

I went through a whole ordeal with it. Also, most pharmacies should be able to order it for you if necessary.

AdderRoller
04-08-15, 08:51 AM
Mallinckrodt is, by far, the most effective generic manufacturer of dex for me too. Like the OP, I tried all other generic brands of dex and they ALL gave me anxiety. I think the anxiety from the other manufacturers has something to do with the purity of the drug and that maybe some other manufacturers do not completely remove the levo-amphetamine.

I used to go to CostCo and they would order it for me but then I moved too far away form a CostCo. Now I just go to a local grocery store (not a chain like WalMart, Target, Walgreens, etc). and they are more than happy to order it for me.

Perhaps after talking with your doctor he/she could specify the manufacturer you need on the script so the pharmacy HAS to oblige the request? My psych has offered to do that but I haven't had any issues asking for it myself..