View Full Version : forgetting things again

fosterthehuman
04-10-15, 10:30 PM
So I thought that I was being on top of things at school but turns out I wasn't. I went to class yesterday along with three other classmates and waited in the classroom for five minutes only to find out from one of the students that the syllabus stated that there was no class that day. I never even picked up a syllabus because I didn't attend the first day of class (I was really anxious). Does this happen to anyone else with add? (I'm starting to feel like i'm the only one)

stef
04-11-15, 02:09 AM
Whoa! just because you are managing things better and taking care of yourself, does not lean you will never forget anything again! it will still happen. think ok i forgot this, and think how you can fix it and then think about the awesome things you have done, too!

OhLookABunny
04-13-15, 11:56 AM
It is so aggravating, though, and anxiety producing depending on the importance of whatever item you forgot. :doh:I had a terrible meltdown back in January when I had forgotten my house keys and was afraid I wouldn't be able to get back in the house until my roommate (who works 2nd shift) came home. :eek: I just became hysterical and cried and was so angry at myself. And frantic to contact my roommate. I did succeed at that and felt relieved. But I vowed to go back to my old ADD therapist because I never wanted to experience that again. I wasn't able to see him due to insurance changes; he's not a provider on my new one. :( But I may have another avenue.

And yes, rationally I know I'm not going to be 100% perfect at remembering; even neurotypicals aren't or there wouldn't be so many forgetfulness jokes. But I guess it just affects us emotionally more at times because it's been such a thing dogging at our heels most of our lives.

fosterthehuman
04-13-15, 09:36 PM
And yes, rationally I know I'm not going to be 100% perfect at remembering; even neurotypicals aren't or there wouldn't be so many forgetfulness jokes. But I guess it just affects us emotionally more at times because it's been such a thing dogging at our heels most of our lives.

yeah I completely agree. I know I can't be perfect but I guess I just strive to be "normal" or what society views as mildly successful and competent. tbh I had a meltdown in the hospital bathroom today :( so i know what you're going through. And this situation i had reminded me of a previous one in january. I guess I haven't been doing so well. Being on and off meds and
such.