View Full Version : C-ptsd

finallyfound10
04-16-15, 08:43 PM
Definition of Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (CPTSD)- Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder can be defined as a psychological injury which results from ongoing or repeated trauma over which the victim has little or no control, and from which there is no real or perceived hope of escape. This accumulation of trauma distinguishes CPTSD from the better known Post Traumatic Stress Order (PTSD) in which trauma typically involves a single event or a group of events of limited duration (e.g., witnessing a tragedy, being the victim of a violent act, short term military combat exposure).

KentUnknown
04-16-15, 09:11 PM
Thanking this twice... I didnt even know there was a "complex" version of it, and I am trying to figure out what it is about my parents I cant deal with, they don't treat me like how they used to, at least not on purpose anymore. I always ruled out ptsd because of the single event thing, although I witnessed a seizure in August and that's been on my mind a good 5-6 times a week..

Unmanagable
04-16-15, 10:06 PM
Thanks for sharing this info.

Belleruth Naparstek has a 7 part you tube series that breaks PTSD down in such a way that makes more sense to me than any other descriptions I've happened upon, thus far.

Each video is less than 10 minutes long. She has books that she wrote and promotes during her discussions, so I can't post it here.

People tend to think trauma must be major and significant to 'qualify', but they often fail to realize what is significant to one may not be to another, causing so much to go overlooked.